Dahozhoni Meadow forgive me peter
19 Posts
Ooc — Sweet
The mind plays tricks most every day -- especially when hunger and thirst and illness cling to the body. She was ridden with none of those things, and so as many times as Menthe blinked the hallucination away it simply wouldn't clear. She stared for... perhaps too long, trying to come to terms with reality. 

Whatever Menthe was expecting, it was not wolf-being-chased-by-bear. Her hackles rose along her angled coat, sharply fluffed and sending adrenaline swinging through her limbs. By the time she accepted she was of sound mind and this was indeed. playing out before her, she was far too close for comfort. Menthe took flight, as the wolf being pursued screamed out a disappointing 'warning'. Are you CRAZY?! She yelled back, not bothering to turn her head to look at them now. She'd heard in the wolf's voice that this was a man, and Menthe -- amongst all this distress -- couldn't help but sour at yet another male dumping his issues on to her. Surely, now that the pursuit was within range, this male could tell that she was not any bigger than he was and was definitely not in any position to take down a whole bear on her own. 

Cool air pressed past her cheeks, her paws grazing the earth and they carried her as fast as she could go. How this was suddenly her problem was a mystery, but the nymph learned to bend with the bow of the wind a long time ago. Frenzy encased the minty gaze she sported usually so apathetically as she scanned the meadow laid out before her. No cover of trees here, a bear may even be faster in any water... 

She could hear them still only a few yards behind, rage evident in the crashing of the bears soles hitting the ground. As panic was raking it's grip through her flank, Hermes' blessing coursed through her veins, she could feel it. Suddenly, even in this moment, she wondered if anyone thought she was flying, her paws so scarcely kissing the earth. Strides lengthened, she could feel his gift beating through her ears, loud and encouraging. A lesser man would think this to be adrenaline, but a lesser man was not forged by Gods like Menthe was.

And then, as her newfound courage pulse to life within her, her gaze steadied upon a new blessing. Rocks. Or rather, boulders; a scattered patch of piles of large rocks. Menthe knew their most prominent option here was to run until they outran the bear... but would it outrun them? She brought back memories of the coastal cliffs that she and the other pack yearlings used to play on, clambering up like little mountain goats. Maybe this wouldn't be their best bet but... Menthe was going to try anyway. 

I hope you can climb!! She yelled over her shoulder, abruptly skirting right towards the large pile of rocks. Just as she did, she dared to steal a glance at the oncoming doom, feeling a shiver of fear clip its way back into her throat. Her gaze met the strangers wild eyes for only a moment before she dialed back into her newly formed plan.
Messages In This Thread
forgive me peter - by Menthe - May 21, 2024, 12:12 PM
RE: forgive me peter - by Cassian - May 22, 2024, 05:23 AM
RE: forgive me peter - by Menthe - May 22, 2024, 08:50 AM
RE: forgive me peter - by Cassian - May 22, 2024, 10:57 AM
RE: forgive me peter - by Menthe - May 22, 2024, 07:30 PM
RE: forgive me peter - by Cassian - May 23, 2024, 08:27 PM
RE: forgive me peter - by Menthe - May 27, 2024, 08:34 AM
RE: forgive me peter - by Cassian - May 29, 2024, 02:43 PM
RE: forgive me peter - by Menthe - May 30, 2024, 09:40 AM
RE: forgive me peter - by Cassian - May 30, 2024, 06:29 PM
RE: forgive me peter - by Menthe - June 03, 2024, 09:10 AM