Cedar Sweep we’ll find one another in that big somewhere out there
Sun Mote Copse
NPC
47 Posts
Ooc — Kat
All Welcome 
Maybe @Auburn? Other tags are for reference. This is open to anyone! :)

Ma and Da tried not to discuss it too much in front of him and @Otter, though young Skipjack had sharp ears. He picked up on this talk of a long-lost brother, one who even looked like him. Skip didn’t really understand that bit, though he could sense his parents’ sadness. Grandma seemed down too, so he asked Towhee about it. She gave him the abridged version.

Presently, he sat inside his hideout in Seal’s Nook, pondering it all. He was only a little boy, so there wasn’t much he could do to help—or was there? Skip poked his head out of the hollow tree, then padded up the nearby incline: @Njord’s Craigh. He couldn’t appreciate the views, though he tipped his face into the breeze before carefully navigating down the other side to Fish’s Loch.

He dipped a toe in the water, swirling it thoughtfully. His eyes gazed vaguely toward the woods over yonder, to the south. Skipjack wasn’t as familiar with this part of the copse. He hesitated to venture any further, particularly without a guide. But he couldn’t stop thinking of this older brother he’d never met and the sorrow he could hear in the Laird’s and Lady’s voices lately…

What if he went out into the world and brought this Swordfish back? He could be meek at times, though Skip’s chest puffed out as he walked around the lake. Very carefully, he picked his way toward the border. It smelled so heavily of Ma and Da, he almost tucked tail and scurried back to the safety of their arms. He did hesitate, but then he took a deep breath and kept going.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)