Swiftcurrent Creek never lonely, just alone
Loner
46 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
That's right, Dhalia said to the other who arrived, interest alight in his earthen eyes. She couldn't sus out where this man ranked in the order of this place, if he belonged to Arlette, or was a brother, or cousin, or protector she and her husband had brought into the pack. One thing she thought she knew: this man was not of high enough rank to throw himself around, and so, she placed Arlette above him - not that it would change the way she treated him, though it decided whose words she'd listen to first.

All the more, that Arlette herself was a healer, too!

She considered the woman's pet offer with a thoughtful look.

I thought I might find a place that has no one trained in medicine - not for standing of any kind, but because I've seen what becomes of families who have no one to care for them, or no knowledge beyond the basic remedies every child should learn, but oh, what a tempting offer! She missed working alongside her parents, and then, beside Jasper. It would be so nice to have that camaraderie, that company again. We could strike another deal. I would love to learn from you, and I would love to teach you some tricks I've picked up on my travels around the land. Perhaps we could make a pact between like minds - an allegiance, between you and me, and others we know who are committed to life above titles. Our profession can be isolating, after all, and we've much we could do to learn from each other and help one another when the need comes.

A glance to the powdered man. Though Arlette's decision weighed heavier than his, his reaction spoke for the rest of the pack, and she could not ignore this if she wished to see any of her vision through to reality.
Messages In This Thread
never lonely, just alone - by Dhalia - May 13, 2024, 01:03 PM
RE: never lonely, just alone - by Arlette - May 14, 2024, 03:13 AM
RE: never lonely, just alone - by Dhalia - May 14, 2024, 09:23 AM
RE: never lonely, just alone - by Viinturuth - May 14, 2024, 02:02 PM
RE: never lonely, just alone - by Arlette - May 15, 2024, 03:37 AM
RE: never lonely, just alone - by Dhalia - May 26, 2024, 10:49 AM
RE: never lonely, just alone - by Viinturuth - June 05, 2024, 09:09 AM
RE: never lonely, just alone - by Arlette - June 06, 2024, 03:12 AM