Dahozhoni Meadow forgive me peter
19 Posts
Ooc — Sweet
There was a heavy silence that hung around the river nymph as this man talked, and talked, and talked. He had surely written nothing less than a novel by now, and Menthe was sending prayers to every God for him to pipe down. Surely, he'd run out of things to stay? It didn't really matter to her if he was right or wrong about the situation, she made the best judgement she could. She gave a halfhearted chuckle. I'm quite still in my prime, I think, I don't have any intentions of dying from a bear. To each their own. 

Her prayer answered by whatever God dealt with bears -- surely Ares? -- as she watched the vile creature waddle off, shaking it's head still. Alarmed, somehow, by his sudden outburst of laughter, Menthe winced and looked down at him with a quirk of her brow. Was it that funny? She was not so often blessed with Dionysus' humor as she was Aphrodite's charming wit. Perhaps she should pray to the God of Insanity more often -- the thought blazing an epiphany through her shadow-covered pelt. 

Perhaps this insane man was sent by the Gods himself as a trial; a trial that she most certainly had succeeded at! This realization brought her a more positive outlook on the whole situation, suddenly.

It was noticeable that her posture straightened a bit, consciously or otherwise, and her steely gaze broke again to share a soft smile with the lunatic as he finished his cackle at her joke. Feel free -- all yours, Cassian. It was a wonder this stranger didn't find her boring

You're going to return to your ... dinky little pond after this? she asked, with some genuine curiosity. Strange way to describe a home. 

Just thinking, I s'pose, returned the sea glass gazed wolf with a thoughtful expression, I've just made it here, after all, hard to decide what to do next. I've been traveling North since I started this journey, and I'd just decided I feel close to my destination. Wherever that may be. This seems to have steered me away from bears though. A pause, realizing she hadn't really understood what he had been yelling about while they were running. You said he... stole your food? Surely you didn't try to fight him for it?
Messages In This Thread
forgive me peter - by Menthe - May 21, 2024, 12:12 PM
RE: forgive me peter - by Cassian - May 22, 2024, 05:23 AM
RE: forgive me peter - by Menthe - May 22, 2024, 08:50 AM
RE: forgive me peter - by Cassian - May 22, 2024, 10:57 AM
RE: forgive me peter - by Menthe - May 22, 2024, 07:30 PM
RE: forgive me peter - by Cassian - May 23, 2024, 08:27 PM
RE: forgive me peter - by Menthe - May 27, 2024, 08:34 AM
RE: forgive me peter - by Cassian - May 29, 2024, 02:43 PM
RE: forgive me peter - by Menthe - May 30, 2024, 09:40 AM
RE: forgive me peter - by Cassian - May 30, 2024, 06:29 PM
RE: forgive me peter - by Menthe - June 03, 2024, 09:10 AM