Golden Glade in a house that's not a home
Loner
32 Posts
Ooc — Sweet
as the trees shifted in the canopy above, the sun fell to-and-fro along his face. he studied the man opposite him with the same curiosity, noting his similarly gifted stature and the much-too-thin waist he head. pike noted it as the other sat back on his haunches -- confirming his status as a loner just as the man verbally announced it. 

wherever was certainly a better destination than pike had planned out. 

a battle waged as he contemplated his next words. careful but not collected, bordering on the edge of overthinking. his still face gave no mention of the war, which was simply over what to do. stay? or go? it was not often like pike to stay, finding solitude even amongst the camaraderie of a pack. but he promised himself he'd turn a new leaf, and so the dark wolf sat back himself. i guess i haven't seen much of anyone at all, he returned in agreement. truly, it had been radio silent much of his journey, even the small portion he'd had since arriving in the teekon wilds.

wherever, he added, a small try at a joke. if his destination was family, he wasn't sure he could even name a place. they'd find him if they were here -- somewhere. and i'm pike -- don't s'pose last names would benefit me at this point. 

pike wondered if that was a weird thing to say -- he only was justifying in his head not claiming his parents names after all these years. he moved on swiftly. you headed anywhere?
Messages In This Thread
in a house that's not a home - by Pike - June 11, 2024, 08:23 PM
RE: in a house that's not a home - by Collision - June 11, 2024, 08:40 PM
RE: in a house that's not a home - by Pike - June 11, 2024, 08:53 PM
RE: in a house that's not a home - by Collision - June 11, 2024, 09:07 PM
RE: in a house that's not a home - by Pike - June 11, 2024, 09:20 PM
RE: in a house that's not a home - by Collision - June 11, 2024, 09:39 PM
RE: in a house that's not a home - by Pike - June 11, 2024, 10:05 PM
RE: in a house that's not a home - by Collision - June 11, 2024, 10:20 PM
RE: in a house that's not a home - by Pike - June 12, 2024, 07:10 AM
RE: in a house that's not a home - by Collision - June 12, 2024, 08:44 AM
RE: in a house that's not a home - by Pike - June 24, 2024, 09:51 AM