Two Eyes Cenote i'm a winged insect, you're a funeral pyre
Muat-riya
Mazoi
teeth of god
62 Posts
Ooc — Delaney
the perspective that machiavelli offers feels like a trick to meseba, as he stares at the proverbial issue set before him: would Ma'at judge the Pharaoh or the subjects? were they not all responsible for the weight of their own hearts? it was easy to push the blame on others, to hold no accountability. but they were meant to follow Pharaoh blindly, for the Pharaoh's were gods on the salt of earth.

we all must hold accountability for our actions, speaks meseba, finally; gaze cutting. i do not think Ma'at's focus is so singular. She looks at all things. the feather, meseba strongly believed, did not lie.

but he was not Ma'at and thus was not able to base his judgements beyond what he saw and was told. he would not know truth from lies. he only had his own limited discernment and it was flawed.

to the ask of forgiveness for overstepping, meseba is stoic, offering no reprieve. for in meseba's mind, machiavelli had overstepped: they were not friends and meseba's trust must be wrenched from his teeth as if were in the deathgrip of a crocodile.
Messages In This Thread
i'm a winged insect, you're a funeral pyre - by Meseba - August 17, 2024, 04:17 AM
RE: i'm a winged insect, you're a funeral pyre - by Meseba - September 04, 2024, 05:42 AM
RE: i'm a winged insect, you're a funeral pyre - by Meseba - September 06, 2024, 05:26 AM
RE: i'm a winged insect, you're a funeral pyre - by Meseba - September 08, 2024, 04:21 AM
RE: i'm a winged insect, you're a funeral pyre - by Meseba - September 14, 2024, 01:37 PM