the colours that i can't change
she painted fire across the skyline
60 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
"Very," she replied simply, as Jinx inquired as to the strength of her name. In her mind, the Feralhearts were the strongest individuals she had ever met in her short life. So much blood had been spilled, so many battles won and lands conquered, so many travels undertaken and legends written. She was proud to carry the name and the legacy with her. In these southern lands, her father's name was a foreign one, unknown and unremarkable. But she had vowed to change that when she settled here. Some day, the name of her line would be spoken with awe and respect, and those of her blood acknowledged as the nobles they were.

She nodded to Jinx's comments about Styx and Katrina. The former Alpha pair had been an odd duo whose pack had been a bizarre thing that made no sense. Their ranks and duties were all given strange names she didn't understand, and their policies and ways had been contradictory and overly complicated to her. It was why she had remained mostly on the fringe of the pack. At the Kesuk female's questions, Chakra shook her head as she replied, "I did not take leadership from them directly, no. It was much less…exciting than that." She shrugged and half-smiled. The warrior in her regretted that the opportunity to win leadership for herself had never come up. That would have been fun.

"After joining their ranks, I went to seek my brother. I wasn't gone long, but when I returned, the pack had already dispersed. I do not know what became of their followers. I didn't know any of them, really. The glue that held us all together was very weak…as you know, I am sure." It struck her, at that moment, that she and Jinx had been packmates. However weak and shaky their pack had been, and despite the fact that they had never met, at one time in the recent past they had shared this place. It awakened in her a tiny, subtle sense of kinship with Jinx.

"If you recall where you left your things, you are welcome to collect them," she offered, indicating that they could talk while they walked.
Messages In This Thread
the colours that i can't change - by Jinx - December 20, 2013, 10:12 AM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Chakra - December 24, 2013, 06:32 PM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Jinx - December 25, 2013, 10:41 AM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Chakra - January 03, 2014, 07:42 PM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Jinx - January 06, 2014, 04:12 PM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Chakra - January 10, 2014, 01:32 AM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Jinx - January 10, 2014, 04:01 PM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Chakra - January 11, 2014, 12:42 AM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Jinx - January 12, 2014, 10:33 AM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Chakra - January 21, 2014, 01:56 AM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Jinx - January 21, 2014, 09:19 AM