Ouroboros Spine Stop telling Lies about Me, and I'll Stop telling the Truth about You
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
Patrolling had its moments of sheer boredom. Those times when Mordecai wished he could have broke out and merely rolled about in the leaves for hours at end, or perhaps those times when he was truly half-tempted to go about wandering the countryside. But it was the notion of responsibility that stopped him from doing so, at least some of those times. He wandered when the weather was cooperative, but as it grew colder and the days seemingly shorter, he had been sticking close to the Spine. More snow had decorated the tops of the higher elevations all around them, both in the territory and not, and now he knew it was only a matter of time before it reached them on the ground at any length.

The cold wind, for all it was worth, was beginning to no longer bother him. Decorated plushly, he had finally made his transitions into a better prepared creature for the inclement weather. Unfortunately, there was little he could have done about the lack of daylight, and even then Mordecai felt like he could almost physically see the sun descend out of the sky upon its reach at the apex. The concept of time eluded him even more, especially with the focus on the terrain around him. A good survey of it as he moved along eventually revealed to him that he was no longer alone in his journey, and the two-toned coat of Lucius had crept into his view.

It had been a handful of days since he had last seen him, maybe more than that. It may have been regrettable that Mordecai had already lost track of the yearling, but it wasn't out of lack of attention. It was more of the case that he had been unable to spy Lucius roaming about, except for the very day that their travels were to cross paths. “I see you're keeping yourself busy,” Mordecai spoke out to him as they neared, offering the younger male a wave of his tail. “Have you finally settled in?”
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: Stop telling Lies about Me, and I'll Stop telling the Truth about You - by Mordecai - November 15, 2014, 03:26 AM