Emberwood cicero smiled
52 Posts
Ooc — Java
Basilie was indeed blind to the true nature of things. She had lived in a world ripe for the picking, where the only caveat to power was the insistence of bearing children; and yet, the girl had chosen the life of a warrior - but not even a true warrior. Had she ripe fruit hanging between her legs instead of the basket to carry it, perhaps things would have been different. In the haste to prove herself she had been made a fool of; and not even Scipio's snide little insults could deter her from the fantasy she had cultivated for herself. She was as Roman for as long as her delusion lasted - and thus far, it had held up to the scrutiny of Aku and his armies. Her ego could brave the cutting words of her bastard brother too, if need be.

And yet, Scipio's refusal made her give pause.

Gods, may the gods have mercy on your soul, little sister. You are my sister, true blooded sister, born from a rape between dad and a Greek slave. I love you like I love all my siblings but yes, I would choose Hadrian over you if it came to who was leading. You cannot lead, dear sister, you don't even know how to.

The words lanced through her hardened heart, cutting to the quick. She halted her advance alongside him and simply stared - fuming behind him, his little shadow. It would be best if he kept on walking, for now the meager distance between them was urging her to step forward and act. To cut him just as deep, to tear out his awful little heart. I could if I wished. There it was, her delusion. Her head raised as she spoke, and while she still raged internally the tumult was controlled.

Alas, she relented from her chase of him. With this statement she ended her side of the conversation, and turned away - removing herself from the situation despite the great urge to do otherwise. He had told her everything she wished to know, and now his voice was grating in her ears. She could rule, and she would prove it.
Messages In This Thread
cicero smiled - by RIP Basilie - November 02, 2014, 10:22 PM
RE: cicero smiled - by Scipio - November 02, 2014, 11:08 PM
RE: cicero smiled - by RIP Basilie - November 02, 2014, 11:18 PM
RE: cicero smiled - by Scipio - November 03, 2014, 04:25 AM
RE: cicero smiled - by RIP Basilie - November 03, 2014, 04:14 PM
RE: cicero smiled - by Scipio - November 04, 2014, 08:28 AM
RE: cicero smiled - by RIP Basilie - November 04, 2014, 01:08 PM
RE: cicero smiled - by Scipio - November 15, 2014, 03:50 AM
RE: cicero smiled - by RIP Basilie - November 15, 2014, 04:25 AM