All the lights are flashing gold
98 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
No need to match the length — this post got away from me! :P

Sumayl loved his siblings but there was also a small part of him that was glad that he didn't have to compete with them as he had as a child. Now a days, though, they were all adults and though the competitiveness probably wouldn't have settled down all that much at least their fights wouldn't have been about who stole whose hidden fawn leg that they were saving for a secret snack. At the same time, if he didn't have his siblings and the looming fear of falling off of his foster parents' radar to push him there was no telling what kind of man Sumayl might have been this day. Some wolves were fine with being invisible, and in some cases, unfortunately for Sumayl he wasn't one of those wolves. His presence would be known, even if it wasn't for the better ...which half of the time, reflecting particularly upon his disagreements (which was perhaps putting it mildly?) with Jace, who also happened to be the Beta of The Sunspire — as well as Vienna's brother, oops — it wasn't for the better. It was a surprise that he hadn't found himself kicked out yet, mostly because bickering with leadership about how they treated their subordinates wasn't something that your typical wolf did. Not unless they didn't give a shit about if they were kicked out or not. The closer he became to Vienna, the more the idea of being kicked out of The Sunspire did bother him, and yet Sumayl couldn't seem to keep his mouth shut when he felt that Jace was treating him like a child. Sumayl had always lacked a filter between his brain and his mouth, and couldn't seem to keep it shut when Jace, to the Ostrega, reprimanded him for stupid, little shit and then verbally attacked him (or growled or whatever) when Sumayl spoke out against it. Or maybe they were doomed to always hate and disrespect one another.

“Usually it was fun, until one of the girls got upset that we wouldn't let them in even and went and tattled on us,” Tattling always ruined all the fun. Always. Sumayl was quiet when Vienna admitted that she'd had an imagination as a child and that she believed she hadn't lost it. The golden Ostrega, as she suspected, hadn't ever had to make up imaginary friends. His six siblings kept him on his toes , and there was always one that would want to do something with him. “Looking back on it I can't imagine the patience it took for my foster parents to handle all seven us without ripping all of their fur out,” Especially when it came to Sumayl. “Especially me since I'm pretty sure I was the worst child,” Sumayl admitted with a cocky little smirk tugging at the edges of his lips. Between dominating all of his siblings, keeping himself at the top of their puppy hierarchy and the rebellion against adults that came with the mini swell of power he'd earned surely he was the cause of early graying in fur.

He didn't comment on her admittance of wanting to be a Chronicler though it made sense to him. After all, a story teller needed to have a big imagination to keep it alive. To Sumayl, that sounded like a lot of pressure, though he didn't think he had much of an imagination. He was too deeply rooted in reality to look into the fantastic world of fairy-tales, though this might have came from the trauma he had suffered with his parents' brutal death as a small child. It was hard to believe in such things when he'd seen his mother burn alive, her screams haunting like a nightmare he couldn't get rid of. Sumayl's philosophy on that had been if fairy tales were real then she should have been saved.

His attention went back to her at her inquiry, ears cupping to the sides as he considered it. The question in and of itself was simple. “I guess I have, I've always liked tracking and while I'm good at everything,” He smirked cheekily, having to get in that narcissistic little comment. “I was the best at hunting,” He couldn't say what it was specifically that he liked about it: the tracking, or the actual part of taking down his prize (which felt a little sadistic to him). “I'm going for Warden after I get Gamekeeper,” Sumayl admitted. “It's hilarious when others think I can't take them down because I'm not hulking huge,” Granted, he was built more for speed than brute force but that didn't mean he couldn't kick ass. With the right training even a dainty girl like one of his sisters could be worthy opponents in battle. “Plus, gotta protect what you care about, right?”

Messages In This Thread
All the lights are flashing gold - by Vienna IA - November 05, 2014, 04:00 PM
RE: All the lights are flashing gold - by Sumayl - November 07, 2014, 12:54 PM
RE: All the lights are flashing gold - by Vienna IA - November 09, 2014, 03:07 AM
RE: All the lights are flashing gold - by Sumayl - November 11, 2014, 07:49 AM
RE: All the lights are flashing gold - by Vienna IA - November 14, 2014, 02:49 PM
RE: All the lights are flashing gold - by Sumayl - November 17, 2014, 08:23 AM
RE: All the lights are flashing gold - by Vienna IA - November 21, 2014, 07:27 AM
RE: All the lights are flashing gold - by Sumayl - November 21, 2014, 09:08 AM
RE: All the lights are flashing gold - by Vienna IA - December 01, 2014, 01:36 AM
RE: All the lights are flashing gold - by Sumayl - December 08, 2014, 07:18 AM
RE: All the lights are flashing gold - by Vienna IA - December 08, 2014, 09:10 PM