Redhawk Caldera Signaling through the flames
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

Ragnar let out a soft snort of mild amusement as Peregrine continued to gawk at the gaping hole where his eye had once been. Seeing as how such a wound was nothing new to the Northman, he didn't exactly understand how it made him ballsy, as Peregrine had so lightly put it. Perhaps it was the same thing that allowed the Berserkers and Shield-maidens of his culture to go to battle, fighting like demons, like wolves possessed with no fear of death. It was bred into them, their love of raids and blood, the harshness of their origins. Though the Berserker mushroom did play it's part as well. In battles, and in the circumstance that Ragnar felt pretty good, all things considered. He knew Thistle was disappointed in him that he had turned to them, but in Ragnar's mind they were no different than her poppy seeds, except that, perhaps, the mushrooms provided an extra little kick. “I don't let wounds slow me down,” Even on his death bed Ragnar would likely be doing something. He could not condition himself to lay still. He wasn't the kind of man that “took things easy”. His restless soul (though he still wasn't quite sure what that was) wouldn't allow it.

The Viking offered his ebony companion a cheeky, coy little grin, a characteristic of his,k though his attention focused upon the woman as Peregrine made the introductions, and went to explain the odd relationship that Peregrine and Ragnar shared with one another. Ragnar was past the shock of seeing Peregrine here as opposed to Blacktail Deer Plateau by this point, so it did not come as a surprise when Peregrine admitted that he and his mate ruled at their Redhawk Caldera. The last word was strange, and Ragnar made no attempts to repeat it, fairly certain that his accent would ruin it. Some common tongue words were better left unsaid by the Scandinavian. It was curious, given that Peregrine had led Blacktail Deer Plateau why he would decide to start up a new pack somewhere else. To Ragnar it would be no different than him leaving Stavanger Bay and creating another pack somewhere else, leaving behind the members that depended upon him. Perhaps, though, it was different. After all Stavanger Bay had been built upon Ragnar's faith, and the hard work of his founding members, barely little of whom were alive, and, or resided there anymore. Still, it wasn't Ragnar's business and so he did not inquire.

The news that Junior had returned to the Plateau both soothed the uneasy beast that had taken hold of him when Ragnar had heard that she had joined up with a bunch of elitist women, however, and a soft sigh of relief left his lips. “So she decided that the elitist women club wasn't right for her after all?” Ragnar inquired rhetorically with a softness, “Good. I should go visit her soon,” Ragnar murmured, though this was mostly to himself. He missed her as he missed his own daughter. “My daughter Gyda has gone missing, or perhaps she has ran away with my ex priestess wife, Nerian,” Ragnar truly didn't know. “My son, Mercury has gone after her, but if you could keep eyes or ears open, Thistle and I would greatly appreciate it.” Gyda had always been a quiet, reclusive child and Ragnar feared for his precious Viking Princess more than he cared to admit to anyone except Thistle and the girl in question.

Messages In This Thread
Signaling through the flames - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 11, 2014, 12:51 PM
RE: Signaling through the flames - by Somnia - November 11, 2014, 06:49 PM
RE: Signaling through the flames - by Ragnar - November 12, 2014, 07:33 AM
RE: Signaling through the flames - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 12, 2014, 01:19 PM
RE: Signaling through the flames - by Somnia - November 12, 2014, 03:46 PM
RE: Signaling through the flames - by Ragnar - November 13, 2014, 08:16 AM
RE: Signaling through the flames - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 16, 2014, 05:13 PM
RE: Signaling through the flames - by Somnia - November 16, 2014, 09:56 PM
RE: Signaling through the flames - by Ragnar - November 17, 2014, 09:36 AM
RE: Signaling through the flames - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 17, 2014, 02:19 PM
RE: Signaling through the flames - by Somnia - November 17, 2014, 04:48 PM
RE: Signaling through the flames - by Ragnar - November 19, 2014, 08:23 AM
RE: Signaling through the flames - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 23, 2014, 12:53 PM
RE: Signaling through the flames - by Ragnar - November 27, 2014, 08:29 AM
RE: Signaling through the flames - by Peregrine Redhawk - December 03, 2014, 10:27 AM
RE: Signaling through the flames - by Ragnar - December 06, 2014, 07:21 AM
RE: Signaling through the flames - by Peregrine Redhawk - December 07, 2014, 01:10 PM
RE: Signaling through the flames - by Ragnar - December 11, 2014, 07:53 AM
RE: Signaling through the flames - by Peregrine Redhawk - December 18, 2014, 07:07 PM
RE: Signaling through the flames - by Ragnar - December 23, 2014, 12:37 PM
RE: Signaling through the flames - by Peregrine Redhawk - December 23, 2014, 03:14 PM