Redhawk Caldera I spin, colliding into sound
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Elwood was glad to receive Peregrine's approval, and excitement began to flow through his veins as the larger wolf encouraged him to take the lead in their hunt. Though Peregrine was likely more experienced, it would give him an opportunity to prove himself as well as receive some advice from the master. He nodded his head as Peregrine motioned him forward, and stepped up to the proverbial plate.

He wasn't sure what sort of prey animals they would come across at the top of the caldera, having never hunted there before, but Elwood pressed his nose to the ground and began to track across the frozen surface. Slowly, he moved around the edge of the lake, moving in arcs so as to cover as much ground as possible. After only a few minutes of searching, he found the trail of a fox; the perfect size (not too big, yet not too small), but such a crafty mammal could make his hunt difficult.

For a split second, he considered whether or not he wanted to attempt to hunt the fox, and then, in a very un-Elwood-like move, he decided to throw caution to the wind. He looked over his shoulder at Peregrine and whispered, "Fox." He then accelerated, letting his nose and his paws guide him.

He followed the scent right to a gathering of shrubbery set back from the water. There was a rustling of leaves, and then the vulpine shot out from its hiding place, its black paws skimming over the frosty snow. Elwood took off after it, keeping his body slung low to the ground as his feet dug into the frigid earth. He churned up snow and dirt behind him, not taking the time to notice if Peregrine was following him; he simply focused on closing the gap between himself and the fox. It did not give up easily, and he was forced to chase it across the unfamiliar territory. He nearly lost it when he slipped on an unsuspecting patch of ice, but quickly regained his footing and bore down on his prey.

With a final burst of speed, he was nearly on top of the fox, trampling and disorienting it. It tumbled head over heels and Elwood's teeth found purchase on its spine, exerting enough force to snap the bones and leave the smaller animal limp on the ground in front of him.
Messages In This Thread
I spin, colliding into sound - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 14, 2014, 07:57 PM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Elwood - November 16, 2014, 11:43 AM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 16, 2014, 05:29 PM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Elwood - November 17, 2014, 12:47 PM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 17, 2014, 02:36 PM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Elwood - November 17, 2014, 09:17 PM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 19, 2014, 11:27 AM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Elwood - November 19, 2014, 09:17 PM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 23, 2014, 09:22 PM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Elwood - November 24, 2014, 09:19 PM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 25, 2014, 10:41 AM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Elwood - November 25, 2014, 01:16 PM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 25, 2014, 09:31 PM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Elwood - November 25, 2014, 10:18 PM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 25, 2014, 10:29 PM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Elwood - November 25, 2014, 11:07 PM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 25, 2014, 11:19 PM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Elwood - November 25, 2014, 11:43 PM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 26, 2014, 09:41 AM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Elwood - November 29, 2014, 12:30 PM