the colours that i can't change
she painted fire across the skyline
60 Posts
Ooc — Houkie

Chakra was not bothered by Jinx's avoidance of sharing her own experience with Neverwinter's previous tenants; she scarcely thought anything of it, simply assuming that, as in her own case, the pack had broken and drifted apart when Jinx wasn't looking. It was remarkable how simple it was for one's family unit to fracture under their own nose. Styx and Katrina, in her opinion, had been weak wolves, poorly fit for leadership. Perhaps too young, or just not quite ready. Chakra was by no means a veteran Alpha wolf herself, but she couldn't imagine letting things get that bad. She would rather have died than let her pack fall apart like that, with so little effort to hold it together.

Truly, her whole experience with the old Neverwinter pack was so unremarkable that the only time she ever thought of it was when someone directly brought it up, as Jinx had. It wasn't anything that bothered her, but it wasn't something she cared to spend time dwelling upon either. So when Jinx changed the subject toward more current matters, Chakra was content to follow the train of conversation.

Chakra noticed that, as they walked, the Kesuk female remained a respectfully slight distance from her own shoulder. Chakra noted and appreciated this gesture, but otherwise followed her visitor's lead, for only Jinx knew where it was she needed to go. They walked at an easy pace, and Chakra found herself idly thinking that she rather liked this she-wolf. She was quick of wit, sharp of tongue, intelligent and tactful, and she didn't ramble uselessly about things of little consequence. Ordinarily, Chakra was not so diplomatic or accommodating to strangers, but she understood that the wolf she was dealing with was not just another low-ranked lackey sticking her nose where it didn't belong. Jinx was the type who was worthy of respect.

"Frankly, I know very little of the other Alphas," she admitted in response to Jinx's query. "My only interest in them is that they keep their followers away from my forest." This was not spoken with any intent to make Jinx herself uncomfortable; rather, Chakra's own body language spoke of her enjoyment of the she-wolf's company. In general, she didn't mind the occasional visitor but beyond that, she wasn't interested in having anything to do with anybody else in the universe. The only individuals that mattered to her were the ones who resided within these evergreen borders. "Still, though, I am not so foolish as to think it wise to know nothing of those around me. The spider who never takes her eyes off her own web soon becomes food for the birds. I would be grateful for anything you would share with me of your own leaders."
Messages In This Thread
the colours that i can't change - by Jinx - December 20, 2013, 10:12 AM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Chakra - December 24, 2013, 06:32 PM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Jinx - December 25, 2013, 10:41 AM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Chakra - January 03, 2014, 07:42 PM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Jinx - January 06, 2014, 04:12 PM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Chakra - January 10, 2014, 01:32 AM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Jinx - January 10, 2014, 04:01 PM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Chakra - January 11, 2014, 12:42 AM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Jinx - January 12, 2014, 10:33 AM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Chakra - January 21, 2014, 01:56 AM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Jinx - January 21, 2014, 09:19 AM