Duskfire Glacier Illusions of the sunlight.
ís & steinn ♔ hjarta & sál
583 Posts
Ooc — Java
Intense thread is intense. :o

<style type="text/css">.njal{margin:auto; width:500px; text-align:justify;font-size:13px; font-family: 'Fanwood Text', serif; color: #222;} .njal q {color:#CC3300; font-family: 'Fanwood Text', serif; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold;} .njal p {margin:0px;text-indent:20px;}</style>

A spark of life finally came to the beast. In one instant he was staring out in to space, and the next, he was turning and dashing for Malachi - almost as if he intended to do the boy harm. But he slipped to a halt as he came upon the leader, leaving great gashes in the dirt. I'm going to leave. There wasn't any true conviction in his voice, but a void - like the dark which had captured his interest moments prior - and before Malachi had a chance to respond, he continued.

I want to leave, but I know I cannot. For Maera's sake, I cannot. A heavy sigh shuddered through him, and his head dropped, indicating the shame in the sentiment. But that need she has of me, for me to be present and to protect her, it weighs too heavily upon my shoulders. It was this that made him run so far, and yet, the weight of his responsibilities also rooted him. Njal turned his golden gaze upon Malachi but the darkness in them - coupled with the sunken and dark rings of his sleep deprivation - made him appear ghoulish.

When Tuwawi - no. If she returns unharmed, I don't know what I'll do. The ambiguous statement hung in the air between them, and for a moment silence bloomed; Njal pulled back and began his pacing anew, although at a slower pace - tracing along the chasms he had dug in to the earth. Everything lay bare before the young leader. Njal's conflict was too much for one to bear, and thus he was forced to share the burden... Although it was probably not something Malachi was equipped to deal with. Maybe I'll take Maera from here and find somewhere safe. Somewhere truly safe, not the glacier. Not Swiftcurrent... But, I... I don't know. As the last words left him, Njal's pacing halted abruptly and he breathed a great sigh, deflating with his indecision.

Messages In This Thread
Illusions of the sunlight. - by Malachi - November 09, 2014, 07:31 PM
RE: Illusions of the sunlight. - by RIP Njal - November 12, 2014, 09:13 PM
RE: Illusions of the sunlight. - by Malachi - November 15, 2014, 10:13 PM
RE: Illusions of the sunlight. - by RIP Njal - November 15, 2014, 10:49 PM
RE: Illusions of the sunlight. - by Malachi - November 16, 2014, 08:27 PM
RE: Illusions of the sunlight. - by RIP Njal - November 19, 2014, 12:01 AM
RE: Illusions of the sunlight. - by Malachi - November 22, 2014, 12:01 AM
RE: Illusions of the sunlight. - by RIP Njal - November 22, 2014, 12:27 AM
RE: Illusions of the sunlight. - by Malachi - November 28, 2014, 05:48 PM
RE: Illusions of the sunlight. - by RIP Njal - December 02, 2014, 05:35 PM
RE: Illusions of the sunlight. - by Malachi - December 05, 2014, 11:19 PM