Redhawk Caldera I spin, colliding into sound
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
OOC: This gives me a chance to develop Elwood's history/feelings a bit. :)

IC: In his brief time with the caldera, Elwood had been focusing on earning the gamekeeper trade. But when Peregrine asked him what other skills he might pursue, he tilted his head thoughtfully to one side. He hadn't considered it much yet, but he took a moment to do just that. "I think naturalist would complement gamekeeper. It would be something I would have to work on quite a bit, since I don't know a lot now, but I'm sure I could pick up on the skills quickly. And maybe warden," he said, thinking back to the incident on the borders with the cougar. "Amon and I actually patrolled the border recently, where the cougar attacked Fox," he added.

As for his family and his intentions, this was a more complicated question. Though he liked the pack and was becoming acquainted with its members and territory, he still felt a responsibility to Avery. And he didn't want to say the wrong thing in front of his Alpha. "My pack was essentially just my immediate family...a few aunts and uncles and cousins, but there weren't many of us. My name, actually, is a family tradition -- my dad and my grandfather are both named Elwood," he began. Explaining the source of his name gave quite a bit of insight into the pack's traditional ways. "I...don't know yet if I'll go back there. I feel like I should keep looking for Avery after winter is over, but my parents don't necessarily expect me back. We're all very close, but they were never stifling; once the juveniles are of age, they are given the choice to leave or to stay." He had older siblings who had gone, and he thought of them now. With a sigh, he concluded, "Avery just left in such a huff. I'm not sure what she was even mad about. I felt like I needed to help her, so I followed her, but...I guess if she wanted to go back, she would." He had, perhaps, given Peregrine more than he had bargained for, but in doing so, he was starting to realize that it was time to let Avery go.
Messages In This Thread
I spin, colliding into sound - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 14, 2014, 07:57 PM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Elwood - November 16, 2014, 11:43 AM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 16, 2014, 05:29 PM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Elwood - November 17, 2014, 12:47 PM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 17, 2014, 02:36 PM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Elwood - November 17, 2014, 09:17 PM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 19, 2014, 11:27 AM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Elwood - November 19, 2014, 09:17 PM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 23, 2014, 09:22 PM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Elwood - November 24, 2014, 09:19 PM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 25, 2014, 10:41 AM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Elwood - November 25, 2014, 01:16 PM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 25, 2014, 09:31 PM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Elwood - November 25, 2014, 10:18 PM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 25, 2014, 10:29 PM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Elwood - November 25, 2014, 11:07 PM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 25, 2014, 11:19 PM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Elwood - November 25, 2014, 11:43 PM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 26, 2014, 09:41 AM
RE: I spin, colliding into sound - by Elwood - November 29, 2014, 12:30 PM