Whitefish River i can see a dog, i can see a frog
7 Posts
Ooc — Java
Jumps in! Can I use this for Gamekeeper?

There was a lot on Galena's mind as she prowled along the river's edge. Her first few days of pack life were both momentous and tedious, without much interaction with her fellow wolves. It was hard enough to be a part of something again; harder still, now that she was at the bottom of the ranks. She was reserved around these strangers. Careful, quiet, and more withdrawn than she usually was. Yes, there was a certain sense of reservation around these foreigners, but also a jovial energy that, at times, Galena could not contain. There was work to be done — a chance to prove herself to these others, and make a name for herself. It was exciting, terrifying, and alienating all at once.

It was with these thoughts in mind that the girl charged headlong in to her duties. A brief patrol of the land told her of some basics: the locations of dens, for instance; known hunting areas and the tributaries that flowed around them; hidden grottoes where food was cached. Basic things that were good for every individual to understand. Galena had decided to become a охотник — or whatever the equivalent of that was. It would be hard work. A part of her wondered if the physicality of the task would be too much, or if perhaps she had bitten off more than she could chew; however, Galena had just started. She wouldn't let doubts flood her system just yet.

The river was a nice starting point. The water was a familiar thing to her, as her parent's home was fed through the water, and not the land. Many of the men of the pack were able bodied experts when it came to snagging aquatic prey; it was considered men's work, and so Galena was already prepared to avoid the water. It was a refreshing thing, to be sure — rushing by with a forceful sort of determination, much in the manner she dealt with her own situations. With her face low and nose inhaling the crisp cold that was the water's empty scent, Galena made her way along.

She was alone. It was a different sort of alone now, but it was still alone. Her paws slipped across the river's edge, where the water licked at the stones and soaked her toes; it was refreshing. Not long in to her examination of the river, Galena caught another scent — this was something she still wasn't used to. Months spent wandering had made the girl more alert to scents and sounds, and it was a hard habit to break. Her head raised and her limbs stiffened for a moment. She looked around for whoever carried the scent, but she must have been ahead of them, as they did not appear in her line of sight.

The girl was tempted to bark or make some kind of signaling noise, but for the time being, her voice was lost to her.
Messages In This Thread
i can see a dog, i can see a frog - by Poet III - January 10, 2014, 12:14 AM
RE: i can see a dog, i can see a frog - by RIP Galena - January 13, 2014, 11:01 PM
RE: i can see a dog, i can see a frog - by ZC33 - January 15, 2014, 10:51 PM
RE: i can see a dog, i can see a frog - by RIP Galena - January 16, 2014, 05:50 PM
RE: i can see a dog, i can see a frog - by ZC33 - January 17, 2014, 09:37 AM
RE: i can see a dog, i can see a frog - by RIP Galena - January 18, 2014, 12:45 AM
RE: i can see a dog, i can see a frog - by ZC33 - January 20, 2014, 02:12 PM