Ouroboros Spine the rocks and roots of the deepest hollow
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
So it seemed that she had moved to keep Kaname out of the loop as well. Mordecai was left wondering what that meant for them, and perhaps wondered if she had no respect for Kaname as well. Though not necessarily a supporter of their collaborations together in the past, he had hoped that Kaname would have at least been given the explanation from her. His face ceased momentarily with a frown at the way the beta huffed, the evidence of his turmoil crystal clear. But it was a topic that Mordecai left alone for the time being, in favor of the next one he wished he didn't have to be certain of.

“There is another matter I want to discuss with you, yes,” he said, searching momentarily for the words he needed. “I need to know that you're on the same page as I am. That you can do this job with me in light of recent events.” Another pause, but brief. He didn't want to be firm, he didn't want to do this. But it had to be done, didn't it? “I haven't seen much of you lately and I want to make a change to that. I need you to keep me informed as much as I need to keep you informed. Not on everything, but things pertaining to this pack, like the travelers and dispersers we've picked up.” He thought of Sidewinder momentarily, but it lapsed and left him. Mordecai wanted to trust Kaname's judgement, but he did not want to be left unaware of who or what was being taken in.

“And if you can't do those things, if this will be a problem, then I will find someone who will.” How he managed to keep an even tone was beyond him. It felt like he was about to jab another hot poker in somewhere it shouldn't have been and maybe that was true. Maybe it wasn't. But given the turmoil that had plagued them for weeks following Jinx's death, he had to be sure. Certainty was not a thing that Mordecai often had a grasp of when it came to some matters, but this he knew without fault was something necessary to their cooperation.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Messages In This Thread
the rocks and roots of the deepest hollow - by Mordecai - November 09, 2014, 05:23 PM
RE: the rocks and roots of the deepest hollow - by Kaname - November 10, 2014, 08:43 PM
RE: the rocks and roots of the deepest hollow - by Mordecai - November 12, 2014, 05:58 PM
RE: the rocks and roots of the deepest hollow - by Kaname - November 12, 2014, 06:15 PM
RE: the rocks and roots of the deepest hollow - by Mordecai - November 12, 2014, 06:26 PM
RE: the rocks and roots of the deepest hollow - by Kaname - November 17, 2014, 09:37 PM
RE: the rocks and roots of the deepest hollow - by Mordecai - November 19, 2014, 02:14 PM
RE: the rocks and roots of the deepest hollow - by Kaname - November 22, 2014, 04:55 PM
RE: the rocks and roots of the deepest hollow - by Mordecai - November 22, 2014, 10:54 PM
RE: the rocks and roots of the deepest hollow - by Kaname - November 26, 2014, 07:43 PM
RE: the rocks and roots of the deepest hollow - by Mordecai - November 26, 2014, 08:03 PM
RE: the rocks and roots of the deepest hollow - by Kaname - November 28, 2014, 10:20 PM
RE: the rocks and roots of the deepest hollow - by Mordecai - November 30, 2014, 03:31 PM
RE: the rocks and roots of the deepest hollow - by Kaname - December 03, 2014, 11:24 PM
RE: the rocks and roots of the deepest hollow - by Mordecai - December 04, 2014, 01:02 AM
RE: the rocks and roots of the deepest hollow - by Kaname - December 07, 2014, 01:50 PM
RE: the rocks and roots of the deepest hollow - by Mordecai - December 07, 2014, 07:26 PM
RE: the rocks and roots of the deepest hollow - by Kaname - December 12, 2014, 08:49 PM
RE: the rocks and roots of the deepest hollow - by Mordecai - February 08, 2015, 07:15 PM