the choice
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

“I suppose I will,” Though the elusiveness at what she would do left a certain air of enigma to her threat, but it did not truly have much of a bearing if he did not know what was to come. If he did not know how bad the storm, then it was just another storm to the scarred Scandinavian. Ragnar's eye took in the territory beyond their borders for a moment, lifting away from her face to accomplish it. Having one eye was still a little disorienting at times, but it was a obstacle that he was, slowly, learning to adjust and adapt to. Soon, it would be effortless. Simple. Like breathing. Some of his comrades back in Odinn's Cove had been missing eyes and then there was the Seer who was blind entirely. His fellow Berserkers had still been able to fight, and the Seer did not die because her sight had been stolen from her as the curse to her blessing, they believed.

“A couple days or so, it depends on who is traversing it,” In the end, that was all it did really depend on. Ragnar was tall and so he could cover more with his strides than someone of say, her height, and he did not easily get distracted as others might be prone to do. Her second question, however, brought a thoughtful expression to the Viking's nicked muzzle. He had not asked what it would entail, and Peregrine had not specified. More than anything Ragnar was willing to assume it was a sign of friendship more than anything else. It was Peregrine after all, and Ragnar could not see the ebony cloaked male demanding things out of the Bay, especially since akin to Ragnar the other hadn't been into alliances either. “I believe it is a sign of friendship more than anything, but that is something I could ask when I return to give an answer,” Because Ragnar was the only Outrider and besides that, with such a pivotal and perhaps even delicate manner the Jarl felt that it was his duty to go.

“I do not either,” Ragnar admitted. “I suppose alongside the symbol of friendship it is something of a potential lifeline to the Bay and vice versa,” That if something should happen the other would be there to aid as much as they could without sacrificing their own pack's well being in the process. It was that particular part of alliances that Ragnar inherently did not trust, but he was willing to give it a try. “Peregrine once told me that he, too, did not believe in alliances and yet he offered a...what is the saying... olive branch to me,” In truth, Ragnar didn't know much about Peregrine but Ragnar knew that he respected the man, regardless. “I think we should accept it. I think it would be good for the Bay. It is not as I had imagined it to be. We are too diverse to be a true viking pack,” But Ragnar could not force his beliefs upon others. That wasn't how faith worked. If they wished to convert then he would welcoming their curiosity as their mentor and chieftain. Ragnar was content with their diversity, for the most part, though he did miss the raids.

Messages In This Thread
the choice - by Ragnar - November 19, 2014, 08:43 AM
RE: the choice - by Thistle Cloud - November 19, 2014, 10:39 AM
RE: the choice - by Ragnar - November 20, 2014, 09:19 AM
RE: the choice - by Thistle Cloud - November 20, 2014, 03:15 PM
RE: the choice - by Ragnar - November 24, 2014, 08:55 AM
RE: the choice - by Thistle Cloud - November 26, 2014, 11:40 AM
RE: the choice - by Ragnar - December 01, 2014, 08:06 AM
RE: the choice - by Thistle Cloud - December 02, 2014, 04:21 PM
RE: the choice - by Ragnar - December 04, 2014, 07:41 AM
RE: the choice - by Thistle Cloud - December 04, 2014, 10:12 AM
RE: the choice - by Ragnar - December 07, 2014, 08:04 AM