follow my feet [hawkeye]
<i>i'll eat you up i love you so</i>
3 Posts
Ooc — Ridley

the monster in me

"Are you in need of any assistance? If you are willing to make a trade of food and shelter for loyalty, I am sure we can agree," Hawkeye responded with a wink, one that made Ridley's grin falter a little. The wink had been an unexpected, even if nice, gesture. Even the playful tone in her voice seemed foreign to Ridley, who had often been confronted by more dominant wolves with snarls and snaps. It was a pleasant change to be treated with a little more patience. Whether it meant Hawkeye was naive as a leader or simply harbored a kind spirit, Ridley was unsure.

The ashen colored female broke away from her thoughts. She should have been nothing but grateful for such a lenient offer. If loyalty was all that was required to save herself from the edge of death, it could be done. "Loyalty? That's all you ask?" Ridley mused, "Not even undying loyalty? Or something a little more binding?" She was hesitant to believe that was the only cost for joining Hawkeye's group. It seemed too good to be true, in all honesty. Of all the groups she'd ever known that had been willing to accept vagabonds (instead of killing them on spot), admittance had always come at a high price. Again, Ridley debated if Hawkeye was just pleasant or indifferent to the risks that came with accepting strangers. Hell, if Ridley had passed another wolf that looked as frail as herself, she probably wouldn't have given her the time of day.

She couldn't help but speak up again. "Do you pity me?" she asked, mainly for her pride's sake. The minute she asked, the female knew it was probably the wrong thing to say. If Hawkeye answered 'yes', then Ridley was sure that she would remain bitter for the entirety of her stay because she'd been allowed into the group out of charity. "Nevermind," she replied, before allowing her face to split into a wide grin, "I'm just going to assume you think I'm too attractive to turn away." Ridley laughed as she moved to walk past Hawkeye, deeper into the territory that reeked of the dominant wolf's scent. She felt lighter on her paws as she went, her heavy burden suddenly lifted with the promise of future food.

"Loyalty. I can do that. Loyalty is easy."
Messages In This Thread
follow my feet [hawkeye] - by Ridley - January 12, 2014, 08:42 PM
RE: follow my feet [hawkeye] - by Hawkeye - January 13, 2014, 10:10 AM
RE: follow my feet [hawkeye] - by Ridley - January 13, 2014, 04:10 PM
RE: follow my feet [hawkeye] - by Ridley - January 15, 2014, 06:34 PM
RE: follow my feet [hawkeye] - by Hawkeye - January 15, 2014, 04:35 PM
RE: follow my feet [hawkeye] - by Hawkeye - January 21, 2014, 01:16 PM