Whitefish River i can see a dog, i can see a frog
4 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
OOC: Of course! To sort of explain this, I decided to swap Poet III out for Chandra, but I didn't want to leave you hanging on this thread so decided to swap them here, as well! I'll sort of PP Poet leaving.

IC: Poet's ears tilted and turned as she surveyed the sky and, deciding it was worth taking shelter, departed the river proper without ever catching sight of Galena.

Somewhere further downriver, however, she whizzed past another wolf, who looked up with mutilated eyes (tightly closed, for they were too scarred to ever open) as she went by. Poet paused a moment in her stride, transfixed and horrified at once, but kept on going; she didn't want to know what kind of lifestyle had led to such a grievous injury.

Chandra herself made no sound when the sound of someone crossing the gravelly river bank attracted her attention. Her head angled in the general direction the sound had come from, but she had no distance gauge, nor desire to speak with someone so frantically passing by. The ground underfoot was uneven, and she could feel pebbles digging into her pads as she picked her way carefully forward. The sound and the crisp scent of running water told her she had located a river, but its depth, breadth, and danger were unknown. Everything about this land... Unknown.

The time of day was uncertain. In the chill bite of winter, it was difficult for her to tell whether it was night or day. The sun didn't shine hot enough to grace her with warmth, and bitter cold nights could as easily be bitter cold days. Where she was was uncertain, lending to Chandra's step a slowness that had not existed where she'd come from. She could not risk twisting her ankle on the riverbank should it sharply descend; she could not risk falling to drown in waters she had no knowledge of. Nor could she risk being wet in the dead of winter, whose bite she knew only from previous winters. All she knew of snow was that it was wet, cold, and crunched underfoot; its appearance, its potential for destruction, all unknown.

Galena, too, was unknown. Chandra was making her way toward her fellow wolf, in the opposite direction the thumping of paws had gone, but the wind whisked from her backside to her front, giving no indication that another wolf was nearby. Distance muted sound, so that Chandra was alone... Completely and utterly, regardless how closely one approached her.[/align]
Messages In This Thread
i can see a dog, i can see a frog - by Poet III - January 10, 2014, 12:14 AM
RE: i can see a dog, i can see a frog - by RIP Galena - January 13, 2014, 11:01 PM
RE: i can see a dog, i can see a frog - by ZC33 - January 15, 2014, 10:51 PM
RE: i can see a dog, i can see a frog - by RIP Galena - January 16, 2014, 05:50 PM
RE: i can see a dog, i can see a frog - by ZC33 - January 17, 2014, 09:37 AM
RE: i can see a dog, i can see a frog - by RIP Galena - January 18, 2014, 12:45 AM
RE: i can see a dog, i can see a frog - by ZC33 - January 20, 2014, 02:12 PM