Neverwinter Forest changing of the guard [ic joining]
she painted fire across the skyline
60 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Hamied is so cute. <3

The boy seemed sincere enough, and Chakra didn't feel as if she had to drill him or lecture him too much more on what was expected. He seemed like he had a pretty good understanding of what was expected of him, as far as she could tell from their few moments' conversation. Perhaps his parents had taught him well; only time would tell in that regard. After a short moment of thought, the white wolf gave a brief nod and spoke, "Good. You may enter Neverwinter Forest, then, and call it your home. I don't think I need to tell you what will happen if you betray us…" She glanced sidelong at him, one cold ocean eye lingering on his face as if to make a point. "But welcome. If you'll follow me, I will tell you some things you should know about the pack and then you will be free to explore on your own."

She gestured for him to follow her, and then made her way back toward the forest's interior. The evergreen dominion was endless, it seemed, ancient pines standing in ranks that went on forever into the distance, scraping at the heavens with their giant boughs. Chakra wove her way through them and followed paths she had memorized by heart; even blind and without a functioning nose, she would know these trails through her mythical forest. "Should you encounter a stranger at the borders," she began again, her tone much kinder now that they were packmates and brethren. "Give no quarter. Our pack does not negotiate or bargain with neighbors. We do not allow others on our lands at all. What is ours, is ours to protect. I expect this of you, Hamied." She looked at him meaningfully, as if entrusting him with something important. To her, it was important. What good was a pack if it was not well-protected? "If you are not sure what to do, just howl for me. There are some I would permit to enter our forest, but only with my permission at that time."

Suddenly, a realization came upon her. "Oh…er, my name is Chakra – and I do apologize for my breach in manners, I should have told you this earlier. Chakra Feralheart." She had to suppress a smile as she considered how confused poor Hamied must have been; Chakra's personalities went from one extreme to the other. One moment, terrifying and imperious, the next…a chatterbox apologizing for her bad manners.
Messages In This Thread
changing of the guard [ic joining] - by Hamied - January 15, 2014, 03:48 PM
RE: changing of the guard [ic joining] - by Chakra - January 15, 2014, 05:17 PM
RE: changing of the guard [ic joining] - by Hamied - January 15, 2014, 05:30 PM
RE: changing of the guard [ic joining] - by Chakra - January 15, 2014, 09:45 PM
RE: changing of the guard [ic joining] - by Hamied - January 15, 2014, 09:57 PM
RE: changing of the guard [ic joining] - by Chakra - January 15, 2014, 10:13 PM
RE: changing of the guard [ic joining] - by Hamied - January 15, 2014, 10:26 PM
RE: changing of the guard [ic joining] - by Chakra - January 15, 2014, 11:03 PM
RE: changing of the guard [ic joining] - by Hamied - January 15, 2014, 11:21 PM
RE: changing of the guard [ic joining] - by Chakra - January 15, 2014, 11:56 PM
RE: changing of the guard [ic joining] - by Hamied - January 17, 2014, 04:40 PM