take apart the counting and the flock it has bred
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Edited an ending so you don't have to worry about this guy <33 perhaps if/when you bring him back we can thread again!

"Nothing much aside from your normal dens and the like. At least none that I've found." And if he hadn't found them likely they were inaccessible to one his size, for he had explored the plateau extensively. He could understand Mordecai's lack of expeditions since it seemed they were in the same position now. Dante hadn't strayed much before though either. Not much had changed there.

"It's how I like my land best though. Trees and streams." He enjoyed the simplicity of their territory over the challenge of living, say, in the mountains or nearer the coast. It seemed theirs was one of the few packs that saw the appeal of such a situation, the rest seemingly gravitating towards such features. The plateau was raised, true, but its lands were like that of any forest inside the borders. "Can't say I'm sorry not to have the caves after that encounter either. Your pack relocated then," he added, changing the subject. After a moment's hesitation, he continued. "If you don't mind me asking, how did that go?"

A part of him had wondered at one time if he shouldn't have declined Peregrine's offer of leadership and instead relocated. Would some have remained, or would all have followed to the Caldera? There was no going back now, and he was glad of his decision, but he asked all the same. He was curious as to what would have happened should he have chosen a different path.

However, he was not to know. At that moment a scent crossed him, prey that he could not give up for the plateau needed all it could find. With a look of apology he dismissed himself quickly, wishing to go after it before the chance was lost. "Perhaps you can tell me another time. Duty calls. I shall see you again, though." It was a promise, for he would like to continue this discussion. Leadership was a hard thing and it was nice to know he had a friend to relate to.
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
Messages In This Thread
RE: take apart the counting and the flock it has bred - by Dante RIP - December 13, 2014, 03:17 PM