Whitefish River i can see a dog, i can see a frog
7 Posts
Ooc — Java
The stranger was meek and nervous, just as she was, except her reaction to Galena's approach was more drastic; she shrank down almost instantly, even before the Russian woman reached her. A hushed sound left her mouth - similar to the phrase muttered by another wolf Galena had encountered - and she, learning quickly, tried to say it in return; "Hell-yo," the woman cooed, trying to be as soft as she could while the stranger pressed herself lightly against her hip.

It was unfortunate that Galena didn't know how to communicate. She had to rely on her physical behaviour, which would have sufficed, except that this stranger could not see her, and everything was made much more difficult. Her head lowered slightly so that they were on the same level, and Galena tried shuffling towards the stranger's face, to plant her nose carefully upon the stranger's cheek; some could call that a kiss but it wasn't meant as such. It was something her mother often did when she was stressed or unable to handle the regimented manner that their family carried on.

Maybe it would work in this instance.

Galena tried, anyway. A moment later she removed her nose from the stranger, slow and deliberate, and made sure to keep at least a part of her in contact with them; it was an unsettling feeling but it would be the only way to keep the stranger, her pack mate, from possibly walking in to the river. Galena's ears fell back for a moment as she contemplated what to do - she wanted to hunt, or fish, or in some manner restock a cache, but that would be impossible if she had to babysit this poor girl. Should she call for help?

Maybe someone else would be better equipped? It felt like defeat to her, though, and so she didn't; not yet. Maybe they could reach some kind of understanding. The girl murmured a pleasant sound within her throat and chest, trying to tell the other wolf that she was not to be feared. Hopefully she would understand.
Messages In This Thread
i can see a dog, i can see a frog - by Poet III - January 10, 2014, 12:14 AM
RE: i can see a dog, i can see a frog - by RIP Galena - January 13, 2014, 11:01 PM
RE: i can see a dog, i can see a frog - by ZC33 - January 15, 2014, 10:51 PM
RE: i can see a dog, i can see a frog - by RIP Galena - January 16, 2014, 05:50 PM
RE: i can see a dog, i can see a frog - by ZC33 - January 17, 2014, 09:37 AM
RE: i can see a dog, i can see a frog - by RIP Galena - January 18, 2014, 12:45 AM
RE: i can see a dog, i can see a frog - by ZC33 - January 20, 2014, 02:12 PM