Blacktail Deer Plateau if i could, i would dare
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Sparring Pits Wrote:Current HP: 13/22
Action #1: (Dodge - 8) Jinx desperately attempts to struggle free of Peregrine. (I think this would count as a dodge idrk...)
Action #2: (Defend - 6) Jinx attempts to duck her head to guard her throat.
Dodges: 3/4 available — Flees: 2/2 available

She felt his weight fall on her spine, and discovered in the blink of an eye that Peregrine was heavier than he looked. For all her valiant effort, her legs buckled nonetheless and she crashed into the rocky ground with a heavy groan, and her ribs protested the impact with a sharp stabbing of pain. All around her, the black wolf's limbs closed in, tightening to keep her pinned on the ground, where she was completely helpless. Desperation and panic set in, clouding her judgement and triggering the desire to risk everything. Anything to save her life, at that point, she would do.

Summoning all the strength in her body, meagre as it was given her weight, Jinx rolled.

Perhaps Peregrine hadn't been expecting her to try something that so riskily revealed her throat for a moment. Perhaps he had been expecting her to meekly submit now that he laid heavily over her, making even breathing difficult. Her paws found purchase on his body and shoved hard, attempting to make room for herself to escape, to survive. For whatever reason, the Blacktail guardian seemed to lose some of his weight in that instant, and Jinx broke free of his hold with a ferocious snarl and a final kicking struggle.

The battleground seemed to reset itself as she darted a few paces forward, making room between herself and the guardian so that he could not pull that stunt again, and to him she swung with her head lowered protectively over her throat, unsure whether she would turn to face him hurtling headlong at her, or still recovering from her sudden (and probably only) escape. Her eyes shone with the furious will to survive, as well as all-consuming fear for her life. She had come too close to allowing herself to be at his complete mercy, and she would not allow it again.
Messages In This Thread
if i could, i would dare - by Jinx - January 15, 2014, 11:52 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 16, 2014, 12:17 AM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Jinx - January 16, 2014, 10:33 AM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 16, 2014, 02:56 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Jinx - January 18, 2014, 11:21 AM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 18, 2014, 08:14 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Jinx - January 19, 2014, 01:07 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 19, 2014, 01:17 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Jinx - January 19, 2014, 02:29 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 19, 2014, 02:48 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Jinx - January 19, 2014, 03:09 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 19, 2014, 04:26 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Jinx - January 19, 2014, 04:50 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 19, 2014, 05:09 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Jinx - January 19, 2014, 05:31 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 19, 2014, 06:07 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Jinx - January 19, 2014, 06:30 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 19, 2014, 07:29 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Jinx - January 19, 2014, 08:24 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 19, 2014, 08:37 PM