Blacktail Deer Plateau Season's greetings
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
The man introduced himself as Swordfish, confirming that she shouldn't know who he is. How do you know who I am, then? she preemptively wondered as he explained that he was from a pack called Thief River Falls, which was just as unfamiliar as he was. Are you a thief? she almost asked, but bit her tongue (literally) when he announced that Junior was with them.

"You have my sister?" Saena asked, astonishment shining in her indigo eyes. As Swordfish painted the story with words, she nodded knowingly. That damn tunnel would probably be the death of one of them one day. It was a miracle that neither of them were hurt by their previous adventure into the unusual grotto, and not entirely unexpected that it would happen this time, especially because Junior was already weakened by her condition.

Bones was a name that rung no bells. If the adults had ever mentioned Atticus' bastard child, she couldn't remember it. Evidently, she was a relative, which to Saena probably meant she was as unreliable as the rest, but she'd taken Junior in and so the Blacktail couldn't do her a disservice by thinking so poorly of her. "I don't know Bones," Saena breathed, "but when you see her again, tell her I owe her big time for saving my sister's life.

We thought she'd left. She was really sick so we... we thought she might've gone somewhere to die by herself. I should've tried harder, I didn't think she'd be able to fit into that stupid tunnel..."
Saena was ashamed to admit that she'd worried about her sister's death rather than searched for her. Not only was it shameful on its own, but Swordfish was a perfect stranger who didn't need to know any of this. "Tell your Alpha that she needs patience and care. We've all been through a lot, most of all her. I'll pass it on to Pura."

But not the rest of the pack. Maybe it was selfish to keep this information between her and her brother, but Saena didn't want them to know Junior was out there weak and hurt, or maybe stronger than ever. Junior's punishment had been severe in Saena's eyes; it was likely for the best that she stay away for some time to mentally and emotionally heal, and she feared telling the adults would result in a search party. Better that Junior have her time, and Saena and Pura wouldn't need to worry any longer about whether she was alive or not. These Thief River Falls wolves would make sure she was.

"Thank you for coming all this way to tell me this, Swordfish," Saena said, torn between a desire to snuggle into the side of his neck and lick his snout until it dripped out of sheer appreciation. "When you get back, can you tell her we love her and that we'll be here when she's good to travel? And that we don't blame her? Tell her I ripped Dante a new asshole for whatever the hell he said to her, and tell her I'll tell Blue Willow's kids all about how kickass she is until she can come back and meet them herself."

She wracked her brains for anything else Junior might want to know, and then with a quiet chortle, said, "and tell her that clouds have too much damn dandruff here," with a playful kick at the snow underfoot.
Messages In This Thread
Season's greetings - by Swordfish II - December 20, 2014, 02:39 PM
RE: Season's greetings - by Saēna - December 20, 2014, 09:56 PM
RE: Season's greetings - by Swordfish II - December 20, 2014, 11:11 PM
RE: Season's greetings - by Saēna - December 21, 2014, 10:43 AM
RE: Season's greetings - by Swordfish II - December 21, 2014, 11:21 AM
RE: Season's greetings - by Saēna - December 22, 2014, 08:18 PM
RE: Season's greetings - by Swordfish II - December 26, 2014, 01:26 PM
RE: Season's greetings - by Saēna - December 27, 2014, 12:10 PM
RE: Season's greetings - by Swordfish II - December 28, 2014, 12:53 AM
RE: Season's greetings - by Saēna - December 28, 2014, 01:54 PM