The Sunspire If the night is burning I shall cover my eyes
98 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Sumayl wasn't even sure that Vienna was going to answer at first, for silence followed his initial question for a few moments, leaving the golden Ostrega to dither on the consideration that perhaps she didn't want company — even his own. Despite that such a thing was hard to imagine because, well, he was Sumayl but it entered his mind as potential option nevertheless. Eventually, Vienna spoke, telling him that it was just a dream. A soft frown creased the golden outlaw's lips as it followed with an apology of all things. “What in the hell are you saying sorry for?” He teased her lightly, though at the same time wanting her to know she didn't have to apologize to him. Not that he was even sure what she was sorry for in the first place. For being upset? Last time he checked she wasn't a robot and therefore was able to feel however she wanted, least of all having to apologize for being upset about something. It made Sumayl mad, not at Vienna, but at the fact that she felt that she had to be sorry for not being her usual peppy self. It brought about the wonder of who had ever made her feel like she had to be happy all the time and to be upset or mad was a cardinal sin. He had his suspicions borne of his own dislike of her brother, but that didn't mean he was correct in his assumption.

He watched her silhouette as it rose from within her den, his golden gaze seeking the vague shape of her face hidden in the darkness of her den as it was, as she faced him. Part of him wanted to fret, to tell her that she should remain in her den, that she was still healing but the defiant part of Sumayl would never let him baby her. She wasn't a child, and she had been cooped up her den for too long. Granted, she was healing and Sumayl understood and acknowledged that fact but at the same time, he would be with her and he wasn't going to let anything hurt her, besides how exactly was he supposed to argue with her, hearing the tinge of desperation in her voice. “I bet,” Sumayl murmured as he took a few steps back, realizing that his body was probably barring her exit.

Sumayl watched as Vienna stepped out into the light, and took in the extent of her injuries. She looked ...a little worse for wear but he had expected it. She had been attacked and, probably, lucky to be alive. Even thin and torn up as she was, she was still beautiful, in a battle scarred badass warrior woman way. The Ostrega's gaze softened measurably as he stared at her in a manner that an artist might look at his own masterpiece — with admiration with a little bit of awe. “I'm sorry I haven't been around much,” He took the time to hunt for her, and payed her short visits but it was the looming knowledge that Jace was hanging around Vienna too much, especially since he'd stepped down from leadership. Sumayl was actively avoiding her brother and made no attempts to hide it; not because he was afraid of Jace but because he did not want to worsen Vienna's recovery by fighting with Jace, and Sumayl was no fool. There was little doubt that if they ran into one another again there would be another verbal fight and there was no telling when a verbal fight would break out into a physical one. He didn't want Vienna to have to witness it. It was for her sake that Sumayl avoided Jace like the plague and no one else's.

The more time Jace spent with Vienna meant the less time Sumayl did, though he wasn't going to let Jace bully him away from Vienna because Sumayl was trying to be considerate for her sake. Jace would just have to deal with it. “Come on, we should go before your brother drops by,” Sumayl gave her a impish little grin, leaning close to off her cheek a gentle nudge, though there was a part of Sumayl that was afraid to touch her — afraid that he might hurt her. Sneaking out was something Sumayl had gotten very skillful at as a “teenager” and it made him almost giddy to know that likely Jace would be pissed that Vienna left her sick bed and that Sumayl encouraged it. Sumayl didn't know for sure, of course, but he got a kick out of imagining that he was spiting the other male by giving Vienna what she wanted.

“Don't worry,” The Ostrega purrled softly. “I'll keep you safe and walk you home when you're ready to go back.” At this point, Sumayl was just glad for the chance to spend time with her.

Messages In This Thread
If the night is burning I shall cover my eyes - by Vienna IA - December 15, 2014, 09:52 AM
RE: If the night is burning I shall cover my eyes - by Sumayl - December 21, 2014, 01:29 PM