the colours that i can't change
she painted fire across the skyline
60 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Damn, I thought I had replied to this. I win at failing. Sorry for the wait! :C

Chakra listened and learned, knowing that the information she was receiving was probably biased, but also realizing there was much to be gained from it as well. "The fact that I had not met a Ridge wolf until today speaks volumes of your Alpha's integrity and control over his members," Chakra commented after Jinx had spoken. It was not uncommon to cross paths with wolves of other packs whilst traversing through neutral lands; perhaps it was simply good luck on her part, but she had not yet met a single wolf from Horizon Ridge. This suggested that Akhlut kept a tight rein on his subordinates, and that earned him a modicum of respect in Chakra's opinion.

Jinx indicated that they had arrived at her old densite, and Chakra waited while the taller she-wolf went to retrieve her belongings. She thought it odd that a wolf should care so much for such trivial things, but she said nothing. To each his own, for all had their quirks and oddities. Jinx was only a moment, returning quickly with dried and withered ferns clutched gingerly in her teeth. As they turned and headed back in the direction from which they had come, Jinx went on to mention the Alpha of another pack. "Voices in her head," Chakra remarked, simultaneously amused and creeped out at the thought. "How odd. I hope they tell her to stay away." There was a comical edge to her voice as she said it, and she couldn't hide the half-grin that played on her face. If she had only known the irony of it all, though — the fact that, in the very near future, the very wolf of whom they spoke would pick a fight with two of her packmates on her own lands — she wouldn't have been grinning at all.

A moment of silence settled over them, but Chakra did not feel it awkward. A thought did occur to her, however, and after brief contemplation, she gave voice to it, "Why do you tell me all of this?" She glanced at Jinx, grinning slightly at the wolf with dead twigs and ferns sticking out of her mouth. "I am grateful for all you share with me, but…technically we are rivals, and yet still you give me useful information about your own Alpha that I might have otherwise had to learn through a spy. Why?" It was not voiced in a criticizing way, nor in a way to make Jinx feel foolish or question her wisdom for speaking of such things with Chakra. Rather, it was asked in a way that betrayed how truly ignorant she was in the ways of politics. It told more of her upbringing than she could have said with words. Where she was born, those who were not of her pack were enemies. She had been brought up in a world of black and white, only to end up here, in a world of greys. She genuinely could not understand why a wolf who owed no allegiance to her would have a desire to be helpful to her in any way.
<style type="text/css">.chakrastar {width:490px; background-image:url('http://ghostecho.net/stu/chakratab.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-color:#1D0D25; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:20px 30px 140px 30px; margin:0px auto; text-align:justify; color:#bc6d89; font:15px/1.5 Georgia; border-top-right-radius: 50px; box-shadow: 0 8px 6px -6px black;} .chakrastar b {color:#E79876; font-weight:600;} .chakrastar p {text-indent:50px; margin:0px;} </style>
table by hilli ♥
Messages In This Thread
the colours that i can't change - by Jinx - December 20, 2013, 10:12 AM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Chakra - December 24, 2013, 06:32 PM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Jinx - December 25, 2013, 10:41 AM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Chakra - January 03, 2014, 07:42 PM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Jinx - January 06, 2014, 04:12 PM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Chakra - January 10, 2014, 01:32 AM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Jinx - January 10, 2014, 04:01 PM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Chakra - January 11, 2014, 12:42 AM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Jinx - January 12, 2014, 10:33 AM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Chakra - January 21, 2014, 01:56 AM