The Sunspire If the night is burning I shall cover my eyes
98 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
He didn't want her apologizes, especially when she'd done nothing wrong to apologize for and Sumayl offered her a sheepish expression when she let out a shaky laugh, wondering for a second if he might have offended her with his words. It would not have came as much of a surprise to the golden Ostrega — whom regularly offended people on a daily basis and normally couldn't be bothered to care. Except with Vienna he did care. As messed up and confusing and jumbled and jittery as it made him feel. At his own apology, ironically, she shook her head as if she did not accept it causing Sumayl to frown slightly, though she was quick to assure him that he'd done more than enough. While it might have been enough for her it didn't feel like enough to him. He'd been avoiding her because he was avoiding Jace and that felt wrong, even if Sumayl told himself that it was for a good cause. “I'm sure I could think of more things I could do for you,” Sumayl spoke with a mischievous flippant manner, though he was being quite serious. If he thought he could handle being face to face with Jace again without wanting to instigate things he would have came around more than he had, however, Sumayl knew his limits and did not inspire to test them.

Sumayl let out a soft, mirthless laugh when Vienna spoke in a manner that Sumayl took to be firmly, that one day he and her brother were going to sit down and talk. “We tried that once and it ended in an ugly, verbal fight,” Sumayl did not think that he and Jace would ever get along. “I keep thinking it would probably be easier if I was afraid of him but I'm not. I'm not afraid of him or what he could do to me and I think that's a lot of the problem.” Jace didn't threaten Sumayl, and Sumayl was too damn confrontational to bother backing down. He wasn't afraid of much, though fire was definitely his top fear but that was what he could see to be understandable, but seeing as how Jace couldn't shoot fire beams out of his eyes or mouth, or anywhere else on his body there was no warrant to fear. “He doesn't intimidate me...and I'm too damn confrontational for my own good.” Not that Sumayl was placing all the blame on Jace because he wasn't; Sumayl was shouldering most of the blame, though not all of it. He wasn't a martyr and could not make himself out to be one.

Sumayl smiled softly when he felt Vienna's forehead press against his shoulder, and when she pulled away he dithered for a moment before walking behind her, stopping when she did, settling upon his haunches beside her, tilting his own head back and gazing up at the stars, dotted by the billions across the velvet night. He had heard that some wolves could read them, a talent that Sumayl himself did not possess. To him they were just pinpoints of lights breaking through the night sky, but even he, in all his cynicism could enjoy the idea and the moment with her.

“You're welcome,” Sumayl murmured to her when she thanked him, an impish grin tugging at the edges of his lips. “And hey, anytime you wanna sneak out, you know who to call.” Sumayl was down for anything though, as long as it involved spending quality time with her. Sumayl fell silent for a few moments, contented with scanning the starlit sky though he did not see particular shapes or anything else like that. His inability to make sense of constellations did not demoralize the moment, though. For a moment the golden Ostrega was reminded of their trip to Wheeling Gull Isle, and glimpsed down from the sky to her, taking her in for a moment with softened golden eyes. “This is something you would classify as romantic right?” Though bravery was not something that Sumayl lacked (even the kind that was often mistaken for stupidity), he was spurred by reinforced boldness and the moment and his own harbored feelings for the woman by his side, spoke without really giving her a chance to respond to his first question, “What would you say to calling this a ...date?” The moment felt right to him, but perhaps it wasn't right for her, or perhaps his feelings were not returned. Either way, it was a leap he was willing to take regardless of the consequences. After all, Sumayl wasn't the type to let chances pass him by, even if he knew it might not work out how he necessarily wished it too.

“Don't be afraid to tell me no, if you don't feel the same way or I picked the worst possible time to ask you out or whatever.” Clicking his teeth together as he closed his mouth, Sumayl found that he was actually nervous and in that nervousness was borne the urge to ramble.

Messages In This Thread
If the night is burning I shall cover my eyes - by Vienna IA - December 15, 2014, 09:52 AM
RE: If the night is burning I shall cover my eyes - by Sumayl - December 26, 2014, 12:54 PM