The Sunspire If the night is burning I shall cover my eyes
<p style='text-decoration:italic;font-size:10px;'><I>Got nothin to lose but time</I></p>
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
edit: i don't generally bold on mobile but I figured it would help since we write such long posts :D
His flippant remark amused her, and for a moment her voice regained a mischievous note. "Is that an open offer?" She could take advantage of that one of these days, though she knew she wouldn't seriously. She had no intentions of being handed favors any longer than necessary, and hopefully soon she'd once again be strong enough to do more for herself.

His next words thrilled her less, but she'd been expecting them. Him fearing her brother was not want she wanted, and she was sure it wasn't what Jace wanted either. Sumayl just couldn't see in her brother what Vienna did, and likewise Jace did not. She didn't doubt both were simply too stubborn and too set in the negativity of their first impression. She did not want to argue with him, not after he'd done so much and was there for her tonight. But she wasn't going to lie and say their lack of regard for one another didn't bother her. It did so even more than she let on, especially since her fondness for her packmate was growing more steadily.

So for now, she let that subject drop, though it was far from being forgotten.

"My own personal rebel." She said with a glance out the corner of her eye. She knew that was an offer he was definitely going to be making good on soon. She would go back to her den once this night was done, but the lightness that had settled on her now, out in the fresh air, was not something she was going to leave behind easily. Vienna knew she might be stretching what he was willing to put into their friendship, but she would take that risk if it meant not going crazy inside any longer. And seeing him.

Or perhaps not. She'd been about to laugh off his comment when he continued, the next part making it very clear that he was in no way joking. She listened somewhat incredulously, ears tilting back self-consciously and thoughts racing. Romantic? This? Perhaps. He was the picture of dashing suitor, beautiful as always. But she couldn't feel less like a desired partner and had a hard time believing he was speaking any sort of sense. "If this is a date, I'm not really up to typical standards", she said with a small laugh, but there was a note of regret in it also.

Her blood was racing, and though never one to analyze, she knew what she was feeling. She'd known it for a while, even if it hadn't sunk in immediately. She was more than a little interested, and to hear he was as well (even now) made her throat close with happiness. She took a good look at him, likely drawing out his own nerves, and it was his slightly on edge manner that really showed her he was sincere. He was normally so confident, but the click of his teeth and the offer of her own refusal stated otherwise in this instance. He still had that bearing though, the one that had made her first take notice. The very same one that led to his issues with Jace, but that she couldn't get enough of.

"I would really like that though," she said, meeting his eyes, but with no trace of challenge. "Really like that." If he was willing, she'd be a fool to say no. "Is this what you say to all the girls you bust out of rehab?" She added, unable to contain her happiness, and knowing that even if the terrain they stood on had just shifted, they still had the same friendship beneath.
Messages In This Thread
If the night is burning I shall cover my eyes - by Vienna IA - December 15, 2014, 09:52 AM
RE: If the night is burning I shall cover my eyes - by Vienna IA - December 26, 2014, 06:14 PM