Duskfire Glacier One different Scent
But in the silence I heard you calling out to me
263 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
But wait! There's more! And that more shall not yet be told ICly yet (I feel kind of bad, though, that Scarlett is going to approach Maera thinking her whole family is dead :x ) >:D For the record, this is totally not my super stealthy way of making us thread again >>

He tried to continue, to carry on, to finish the story that he had begun. Scarlett deserved it, and so did the lives he spoke of. But what hope could he share? The light in those trying times had been snuffed out one by one. Njal was but a hollow shell, Tuwawi had disappeared again, Larus remained but an unattainable mist, and Jokull and Valtyr were still missing without a trace to follow or track. Danica was gone, and Arabella too, and Tyrr and Hatshepsut he had not seen for days. Everyone was missing, in one way or another, and if Njal carried through with his plans to leave come spring, he and Maera would be gone, too.

Scarlett's gentle voice invaded his thoughts, but he did not look to her. He knew the compassion that would be in her eyes, and though he wished to fall into her comfort, he let the wind that swept from the Glacier's peak embrace his heart in an icy clutch. Enough of him had escaped in the short moments that passed, and his only safety lay in the veil of darkness that draped shadows over the fine features of his face. The boy flinched at her touch and, though with a glimmer of regret, turned his face away. His cheek burned where she touched him, and for a heartbeat no words came to his lips.

"It's not your fault," he finally said, his voice composed next to the emotion that fluxed within. "History deserves to be told, and another day, I will finish the story." But tonight he could not. Her final words left him to ponder, and he hid her promise in his heart. When he finally turned to face her again, his face held steady in the night, stolen only by a glimmer in his eyes. If her loyalties ran as deep as her compassion, he would be honoured to call her family. "I have faith you will." He'd spent too long in the past already; though he would keep looking for the Sveijarns until his paws wore thin, they could only move forward now. Scarlett was part of a new fire here - her and Sen and Manauia, together with they who had pulled through the flames. Duskfire still stood, and would forever stand, just as he had sworn and sworn again.
Trades
[Image: warden.gif][Image: naturalist.gif] 1/5 | [Image: chronicler.gif] 2/5
Messages In This Thread
One different Scent - by Scarlett - December 20, 2014, 01:38 PM
RE: One different Scent - by Malachi - December 20, 2014, 02:16 PM
RE: One different Scent - by Scarlett - December 20, 2014, 02:34 PM
RE: One different Scent - by Malachi - December 20, 2014, 07:04 PM
RE: One different Scent - by Scarlett - December 21, 2014, 05:26 AM
RE: One different Scent - by Malachi - December 21, 2014, 01:53 PM
RE: One different Scent - by Scarlett - December 21, 2014, 02:16 PM
RE: One different Scent - by Malachi - December 22, 2014, 08:22 PM
RE: One different Scent - by Scarlett - December 23, 2014, 12:20 PM