Whispers to an empty wind
English is my 7th language. Please excuse any errors, either grammatical or spelling-wise. I'm Mongolian, so English is far from my home. :3
45 Posts
Ooc — Saransatsr
Call her a traitor to her nature but Néa always felt bad when the winter was harsh and so many creatures died for nothing. Sometimes it helped to fill the caches but sometimes, the dead were too numerous and it seemed such a waste of life. But if the winter was mild, there were few easy meals and it took a pack more energy to catch large prey and small prey alike. It was a cycle, though sometimes bloody and vicious, that always managed to bring about new life and joy with the coming of spring.

She was about to speak but the fae next to her had already dove off and Néa could only marvel at the graceful lope of her stride, long and efficient. If she could ever grow out of this clumsy stage, she wanted to be just like Scarlett, because she was brave and loving and so awesome it made her tail tingle! She was caught out of her thoughts by the arrival of the object of her thoughts, as she carried the carcass of a rabbit and placed it at her feet. She glanced up quizzically, wondering if Scarlett would eat with her but the wolf's answer was enough for her.

The dirty white wolf was keeping a close watch on their surroundings as she ate the small rabbit, growling happily as the first fresh meat she had eaten for a little while went down her throat. Once she had eaten the majority of the small carcass, she hunkered down and began to wash the blood off her paws and her muzzle, rolling her snout in the snow to get rid of the last vestuges of the red liquid. "Thank you!" She grinned up at the older fae with a happy expression. They still lay outside the den and with a shy glance, she moved a little closer to the fae.

Sure she could never replace the memories of her mother but still... She really liked Scarlett, who she knew would care for her at least for a while and never leave her alone! "Hey Scarlett? What's the pack like here? I haven't really met them yet but... some of them seemed nice but I was too shy to talk to them..."
Messages In This Thread
Whispers to an empty wind - by Néa - December 24, 2014, 06:59 AM
RE: Whispers to an empty wind - by Scarlett - December 24, 2014, 07:29 AM
RE: Whispers to an empty wind - by Néa - December 24, 2014, 07:45 AM
RE: Whispers to an empty wind - by Scarlett - December 24, 2014, 08:32 AM
RE: Whispers to an empty wind - by Néa - December 26, 2014, 06:14 AM
RE: Whispers to an empty wind - by Scarlett - December 26, 2014, 08:16 AM
RE: Whispers to an empty wind - by Néa - December 27, 2014, 12:49 AM
RE: Whispers to an empty wind - by Scarlett - December 27, 2014, 07:15 AM
RE: Whispers to an empty wind - by Néa - December 27, 2014, 07:44 AM
RE: Whispers to an empty wind - by Scarlett - December 27, 2014, 10:54 AM
RE: Whispers to an empty wind - by Néa - December 27, 2014, 06:27 PM