Whispers to an empty wind
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett had no clue that the young female was currently idolizing her. Such a weird thing, because several months ago she was told daily that she was useless. The female watched the younger one eat with pleasure. Scarlett lifted herself into a sitting position. "Eat it all," she urged gently. Food was scarce and they didn't want a hungry lone wolf to intrude into their territory. "Mostly because you need the food but secondly, because a lone wolf might smell it and enter our territory. Then one of the wardens, or Alpha Malachi might attack this lone wolf for being hungry, while we left it! That wouldn't be very nice, would it?," she explained with that calm and gentle tone she had.

The older female stepped closer and moved her muzzle to the golden female. "Here let me do that," she murmured before starting to lick the pup's muzzle clean of blood. Her licks were through and consistent, yet, still careful that she wouldn't be to rough. Scarlett licked more Clean than that actually wasn't necessary but Scarlett just wanted the young female to be loved. Mainly because she herself was never loved. That hurt a bit when Scarlett thought that. "There. A clean face for the lady," she hummed. The female then dug a small hole for the bones and pawed them in it before closing the snow back over it. "The bones will turn into soil, which in turn lets the grass grow in spring. Rabbits and hares eat that grass. Those are our prey we eat, it is important to give back to the earth what you can."

Scarlett was utterly smitten with this moment. She could spread her knowledge about the environment and care for this beautiful young lady. "Come, I will tell you under our walk to some water we can bathe in." Scarlett took the lead with ease. Close to her den was a water stream that would function well enough. They could snuggle up in the den and dry out their furs with their body heat. "Well, the ones I've met so far are nice enough? Malachi is nice in his own way. He is a serious wolf. Watch out for Sen because she can be a bit mean sometimes. At least she was to me. Well you know of Maera. Lazar is new, I haven't talked to him much. There are others but I haven't met them yet, they are Njal, Hatshepsut and Manauia. Apparently the first two haven't been seen recently. Manauia I haven't met since I have been rather busy with... other things." Those other things was a male called Raziel.

The albino easily stepped into the cold stream. She was from the north. The cold didn't affect her as much. "Bath time, little lady," she hummed. "I don't expect you to stay in this for hours but make sure the water rinsed out most of the mud." Scarlett lowered herself. The mud was quick to get off, especially when she shook out her fur, making spatters fly in each direction. Even she found it was rather chilly. She stepped out of it and gave herself another shake. "C'mon lets get warm inside and I will groom you some more," Scarlett hummed, giving the youngster an affectionate nudge with her nose to guide her in the direction of the den.

Edit; so many typo's. Excuse me. :3
Messages In This Thread
Whispers to an empty wind - by Néa - December 24, 2014, 06:59 AM
RE: Whispers to an empty wind - by Scarlett - December 24, 2014, 07:29 AM
RE: Whispers to an empty wind - by Néa - December 24, 2014, 07:45 AM
RE: Whispers to an empty wind - by Scarlett - December 24, 2014, 08:32 AM
RE: Whispers to an empty wind - by Néa - December 26, 2014, 06:14 AM
RE: Whispers to an empty wind - by Scarlett - December 26, 2014, 08:16 AM
RE: Whispers to an empty wind - by Néa - December 27, 2014, 12:49 AM
RE: Whispers to an empty wind - by Scarlett - December 27, 2014, 07:15 AM
RE: Whispers to an empty wind - by Néa - December 27, 2014, 07:44 AM
RE: Whispers to an empty wind - by Scarlett - December 27, 2014, 10:54 AM