Neverwinter Forest changing of the guard [ic joining]
20 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
Sorry for the delay, love. Weekends are 100% spent with my kiddo, plus getting this school stuff sorted out. It's enough to make the head explode!

i'm waking up to ash and dust
i wipe my brow and i sweat my rust
i'm breathing in the chemicals
i'm breaking in, shaping up
then checking out on the prison bus
[size=3]this is it, the apocalypse[/size]

His parents had, indeed, raised him very well, but it had been his mother that had insisted on her children learning manners, though not all of them upheld those manners that they had been taught. Some of his siblings could be downright jerkfaces. But not him. He had soaked it all in, storing everything his parents taught him away into his memory because surely a day would come when it would prove useful, and he was right. Him being here, being accepted into a pack all by himself, was proof of that. The young male knew that there were still things he would have to learn along the way, but he was so willing, so eager, to learn.

Mismatched eyes took in all the sights around him as they moved through the land, her land. Though he was obviously new here, being within the trees of the forest, he already felt at home. This was because of having been born and raised in a forest. He had no doubt that he’d quickly learn his way around this forest just as well as he knew his way around his parents’ forest. Not only was he taking in the sights around him, but he was listening to everything and sniffing various things here and there to take in the scents. He wanted to familiarize himself with everything that had to do with being a part of this pack. Now was just as good a time to begin learning as any, right?

Her words took him by surprise. Mismatched eyes blinked and glanced over at her, though making sure to not make eye contact. “My mom made sure to teach all of us kids manners, telling us that she’d bust our behinds if we didn’t.” He laughed, softly, as the mental image of his very small mother going after one of his much bigger brothers. She sure knew how to get her point across when the need so arose. And if there was any problem that she, herself, couldn’t handle, that was when she turned it over to their father. And boy oh boy did you not want daddy after your backside!

If it were possible to blush, he would have, though, simply because no one had ever spoken about his politeness. “Well… I’m the oldest of 2 from my parents’ second to last litter. I have a littermate sister. They had 3 litters before my litter, so I have older brothers and sisters. I was traveling with my brother, Cyrus, but we ended up separated and I haven’t been able to find him since them. From his litter, there are three boys; Cyrus, Hugin and Muninn. My parents had just had their newest litter before I left with Cyrus.” He paused for a moment, cocking his head slightly to the side, unsure of what she wanted to know.

“Out of all my siblings, not including the newest litter, I am the smallest of all of them. I got picked on… a lot… by the others. Cyrus was the only one that wouldn’t, though, and would beat up the others for picking on me. My parents would interject when they needed, but mostly let Cyrus deal with it. I looked up to Cyrus. I still do. It hurts not knowing where he is or if I’ll ever see him again. I do have days when I miss my parents, but I set out with Cyrus because I wanted to see more than just home, to learn more and meet others outside of our pack and the Valley.”

Messages In This Thread
changing of the guard [ic joining] - by Hamied - January 15, 2014, 03:48 PM
RE: changing of the guard [ic joining] - by Chakra - January 15, 2014, 05:17 PM
RE: changing of the guard [ic joining] - by Hamied - January 15, 2014, 05:30 PM
RE: changing of the guard [ic joining] - by Chakra - January 15, 2014, 09:45 PM
RE: changing of the guard [ic joining] - by Hamied - January 15, 2014, 09:57 PM
RE: changing of the guard [ic joining] - by Chakra - January 15, 2014, 10:13 PM
RE: changing of the guard [ic joining] - by Hamied - January 15, 2014, 10:26 PM
RE: changing of the guard [ic joining] - by Chakra - January 15, 2014, 11:03 PM
RE: changing of the guard [ic joining] - by Hamied - January 15, 2014, 11:21 PM
RE: changing of the guard [ic joining] - by Chakra - January 15, 2014, 11:56 PM
RE: changing of the guard [ic joining] - by Hamied - January 17, 2014, 04:40 PM