Whitefish River I can feel the touch from another world
527 Posts
Ooc — Sydney
Saw it in the Wanted thing, so I'm barging in! :) Could it be forward-dated to the present, or do you want it to take place at the date it was started?

The Heartwood quickly became Somnia's favorite hunting spot. Although it took some time traverse the land between Redhawk Caldera and the Heartwood, it wasn't a long enough distance to stop the grayscale wolf from coming. Hunting here was more easier for Somnia than the sometimes dangerous slopes of the caldera, as she had been raised in a forested valley, not a dormant, topless volcano.

There were a few scents nearby. One was the scent of mountain lion, which was never a good thing, as well as the scent of a wolf. Another wolf in a neutral territory could either be a positive, negative, or neutral experience. Somnia was a friendly wolf, unless you tried to somehow harm or take advantage of her. Whether wolves were friendly, wanted nothing to do with her, or wanted to somehow take advantage or harm her determined which category the encounter would fall into.

Hopefully this other wolf would be friendly. Not just because they could make good hunting partners, should prey show up, but because there was a threat: a mountain lion. The buddy system worked for a reason, right?

The other wolf wasn't hard to find. It turned out to be a young female, who didn't look to be fully grown. "Hey." Somnia barked quietly to grab her attention without grabbing any nearby predators' attention. "I'm Somnia." Whether the other wolf was friendly was up to the other wolf, but maybe she would be. Even she had to have enough sense to know that the possibility of facing a mountain lion alone was bad.
Messages In This Thread
I can feel the touch from another world - by Saēna - December 15, 2014, 05:06 PM
RE: I can feel the touch from another world - by Laksha - December 15, 2014, 09:14 PM
RE: I can feel the touch from another world - by Saēna - December 15, 2014, 10:42 PM
RE: I can feel the touch from another world - by Somnia - December 30, 2014, 06:01 PM
RE: I can feel the touch from another world - by Saēna - January 02, 2015, 10:28 AM
RE: I can feel the touch from another world - by Somnia - January 02, 2015, 01:10 PM
RE: I can feel the touch from another world - by Saēna - January 02, 2015, 09:53 PM
RE: I can feel the touch from another world - by Somnia - January 02, 2015, 10:24 PM
RE: I can feel the touch from another world - by Saēna - January 03, 2015, 06:19 PM
RE: I can feel the touch from another world - by Somnia - January 03, 2015, 06:39 PM
RE: I can feel the touch from another world - by Saēna - January 04, 2015, 12:18 PM
RE: I can feel the touch from another world - by Somnia - January 05, 2015, 08:36 PM
RE: I can feel the touch from another world - by Saēna - January 07, 2015, 10:38 PM
RE: I can feel the touch from another world - by Somnia - January 08, 2015, 05:18 PM
RE: I can feel the touch from another world - by Saēna - January 09, 2015, 05:37 PM
RE: I can feel the touch from another world - by Somnia - January 09, 2015, 09:34 PM
RE: I can feel the touch from another world - by Saēna - January 12, 2015, 10:18 PM
RE: I can feel the touch from another world - by Somnia - January 13, 2015, 04:20 PM