Blacktail Deer Plateau Seize the night
<i>"Sometimes there is no darker place than our thoughts, the moonless midnight of the mind."</i>
171 Posts
Ooc —
Yeah, it's a bit like breaking in a new pair of jeans... they don't fit quite right at first but then, one day, suddenly they're comfy and fit perfectly. Hopefully. :P

Pitch reassured Koontz that she hadn't been hunting and seemed a little bemused about the Beta's knowledge of her skills. "Yes, he mentioned your proclivity," Koontz replied with a small smile, unaware as ever that using such words might make her seem like a snob. "I'm happy to have a skilled hunter in the ranks. My mother was and is still a great hunter. I'm only okay, especially compared to her," she shared.

When Pitch mentioned the borders, Koontz looked pleasantly surprised and, in fact, she was. "Great," she said, her gray snout bobbing in approval. Perhaps because she'd just mentioned it or maybe because it would give her something to help relax her during this encounter, the Beta suddenly wanted to propose that they walk the borders. But it seemed both herself and Pitch jad just come off patrols, so it didn't make any sense to do that. She fidgeted inwardly for a second, then let it go.

"Ariston's told me a little bit about you. But I called you here because I wanted to meet you myself. I'd like to get to know you, if you have a little bit of time to talk with me." Even as she said it, Koontz wondered if she sounded assertive enough. Wouldn't an Alpha (or even a Beta) have commanded its subordinate to tell her about him- or herself? Did she sound too polite? Koontz wondered if there was such a thing. She thought briefly of her father, then of her mother, and then made a concerted effort to focus on Pitch. She could—and certainly would—rehash every detail of this meeting later, possibly agonizing over particular details. But it could wait for now.
Messages In This Thread
Seize the night - by Koontz - July 21, 2013, 09:04 PM
RE: Seize the night - by Pitch - July 21, 2013, 10:20 PM
RE: Seize the night - by Koontz - July 22, 2013, 09:20 AM
RE: Seize the night - by Pitch - July 25, 2013, 01:32 AM
RE: Seize the night - by Koontz - July 26, 2013, 09:36 AM
RE: Seize the night - by Pitch - August 07, 2013, 10:40 PM
RE: Seize the night - by Koontz - August 08, 2013, 07:51 PM