Redhawk Caldera the old bridge is on fire and i’m the one to blame
incautious red wrecking ball amwelles · amwelles
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Oops, I write novels.

Suddenly, Magpie was apologizing, offering to leave, pleading with her to let her leave. And... and this. All of this. Fox blinked, half expecting to wake up from some stupid dream. She would open her eyes, and everything would be fine. Peregrine would be breathing steadily against her side, that ever-present smile on his face. And Fox would chalk it up to the pregnancy.

But it didn't happen like that. When she opened her eyes, Magpie was still there, breaking down as if she had done something wrong. “My dad can suck a dick,” Fox replied stubbornly, “And Peregrine can get over it. You’re family, Magpie. You’re about to be a goddamn aunt! I don’t see how he can turn you away. And if he does, well. He can’t. Because I won’t let him.” Fox also wouldn't let him leave her. And she wouldn't leave him. It was one of those rock and hard place situations that she had managed to put herself into before. Somehow, though, she always made it out alive.

Fox swooped in suddenly, embracing Magpie as if they'd grown up together, chasing one another through meadows and forests, learning to hunt, and giving each other shit all their lives. So maaaaaybe some of it was the pregnancy, but Fox wouldn't let Magpie go so easily. The expectant mother took a step back, smiled, and then looked at the haunch. She certainly didn't have any kind of appetite for it now, and she doubted Magpie did, either.

“Shit, let’s just bury this thing for later.” Whether she was talking about the meat or the subject was up for debate. In any case, there was a whole lot more catching up to do that needed to happen. Now, more than ever, Fox wished that Robin was still at the caldera. She was the older, wiser sister, even if she was incredibly flakey. Had anybody known about Magpie, her mother, and her siblings? Did Magpie even have siblings? Where were they?
Pregnancy timeline (RHC members only)
Messages In This Thread
RE: the old bridge is on fire and i’m the one to blame - by RIP Fox - January 25, 2015, 11:55 PM