Broken Crown
the serpent king
281 Posts
Ooc —

If Týrr had known Scarlett's thoughts regarding the Glacier's true Matriarch he might have went on the immediate offensive, though his posture did stiffen, eyes cutting in her direction when she stated, boldly, that she was Maera's caretaker, suggesting, or so it appeared to the Rekkr, that that Tuwawi was incapable of being the girl's mother. Tuwawi is Maera's mother. So why does she need a caretaker? Týrr had revised what he spoke at the very last second, figuring that he would play this off as simple curiosity though it greatly irritated him. He was defensive over the Glacier's matriarch, and not just because of his crush upon the ember. He had always admired her, even before he had agreed to join her and her family in making something new for their children. Týrr had a hard time imagining how well Tuwawi would take this woman running around claiming to be Maera's caretaker. If Maera had been his daughter, Týrr could not help but think he would kill the man who claimed that he was Maera's caretaker, a “father figure” when she already had a father. Then again, he was not like any other, just as any other was not like him. Everyone was different. Perhaps this did not bother Tuwawi; but regardless it bothered him.

Still, the Rekkr convinced himself to let it go. He was of no relation to Maera and it was not his business to stick his nose into. I know who Tuwawi and Njal are, The Rekkr assured her. In fact, he guaranteed that he knew the pair better than Scarlett herself. I have known them from before the Glacier was founded, And thus didn't need anyone to tell him anything about either Sveijarn. The Glacier was founded for their four children: Maera, Jökull, Valtýr, and Lárus, so that they might prosper and grow without the competition of other children. The Sveijarn's parting from Swiftcurrent Creek was an amiable one, though. Týrr spoke, pausing to lick his lips once. I was recruited a while before they left the Creek, and mostly stayed within the Glacier as a warden as they made the final preparations to move their young family. Malachi and I met the Sveijarns and their followers from the Creek half way to the Glacier and together, we went to the Glacier to claim it officially as ours, Fondly, Týrr remembered Jokull leaning against his back leg before she had joined her parents, Maera trailing after her, following in her elder sister's footsteps.

Personal issues had arisen that called me away from it. Things I needed to take care of. The Rekkr spoke simply and vaguely on the matter. He did not wish to delve into his personal issues, that very much still existed, with this stranger. Her curiosity would have to go hungry. Largely, it had been his sudden identity crisis that had yanked him away from the Glacier, though none but Manauia were privy to that information. Still, he suffered from it as he yearned to remember what he had lost, but at least now he was able to focus and straighten out his priorities.

he came and stole the wild
a crime so old as the sky and bone
Messages In This Thread
Broken Crown - by Scarlett - January 28, 2015, 02:31 PM
RE: Broken Crown - by Tezcacoatl - January 28, 2015, 03:31 PM
RE: Broken Crown - by Scarlett - January 28, 2015, 03:50 PM
RE: Broken Crown - by Tezcacoatl - January 31, 2015, 06:20 AM
RE: Broken Crown - by Scarlett - January 31, 2015, 06:46 AM
RE: Broken Crown - by Tezcacoatl - February 01, 2015, 06:00 AM
RE: Broken Crown - by Scarlett - February 01, 2015, 06:42 AM
RE: Broken Crown - by Tezcacoatl - February 01, 2015, 07:10 AM
RE: Broken Crown - by Scarlett - February 01, 2015, 08:27 AM