Blacktail Deer Plateau How bright you shone for me tonight
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
In the absence of an Alpha female, two of Blacktail's own women succumbed to their heats. This was a natural process, something that expanded a pack regardless if a breeding female was at the helm or not, yet the scent of either Kesuk or Osprey still twisted Saena's stomach into a jealous knot. She wasn't even old enough to crave that sort of attention, let alone to breed, but it affected her as readily as it did any breeding female and, in fact, any female that wasn't in heat and wasn't going to be.

Anyway, even if there wasn't an Alpha female, she coveted that spot, so the scents left by Osprey and Kesuk around the territory were like tangible challenge posters. She despised the scent every time she came across it, and soon was as irritable as a badger. She stalked around the lands like some irate feline, slung low and with a narrowed gaze, and dared not set foot over the threshold.

She felt it was her duty to keep this blasphemy from going anywhere.

It was only when she followed the fresh scent of Osprey to her present location that Saena really felt a drive to do something about it, though. Up until now, the juvenile padded around with a storm cloud over her head, but there was no clear answer. She wasn't the crowned Alpha female, and indecision made her waver. But as she got nearer and saw Dante and Osprey together, that flare of jealousy returned, and when she saw Valtyr nearby, it bloomed into a wildfire.

She struck forth like an arrow, straight for the slightly younger boy, who she possessively coiled around. Her gaze flitted briefly over the Alpha male before fixing on Osprey. If Dante chose to breed with her, then there was nothing Saena could do about it... but she would be damned if she didn't prevent this before it happened. There were many motivators—Blue Willow's litter would not be put at risk by this perfect example of irresponsibility—but the majority of them were completely selfish and illogical.

Nevertheless, Saena felt the possessive pull of her ambition and the irritation with the season, and soon was striding away from Valtyr (brushing not-so-subtly against his entire side as she did so) and baring her teeth and pointing her ears in a warning grimace at Osprey, one that firmly said, this is not your right.
Messages In This Thread
How bright you shone for me tonight - by Osprey - February 07, 2015, 09:31 AM
RE: How bright you shone for me tonight - by Dante RIP - February 07, 2015, 07:17 PM
RE: How bright you shone for me tonight - by Osprey - February 07, 2015, 07:59 PM
RE: How bright you shone for me tonight - by Dante RIP - February 08, 2015, 04:40 PM
RE: How bright you shone for me tonight - by Osprey - February 09, 2015, 07:14 AM
RE: How bright you shone for me tonight - by Valtyr RIP - February 09, 2015, 11:35 PM
RE: How bright you shone for me tonight - by Saēna - February 10, 2015, 12:59 AM
RE: How bright you shone for me tonight - by Dante RIP - February 10, 2015, 07:08 AM
RE: How bright you shone for me tonight - by Osprey - February 10, 2015, 11:42 AM
RE: How bright you shone for me tonight - by Valtyr RIP - February 10, 2015, 02:36 PM
RE: How bright you shone for me tonight - by Saēna - February 10, 2015, 02:55 PM
RE: How bright you shone for me tonight - by Dante RIP - February 10, 2015, 03:14 PM
RE: How bright you shone for me tonight - by Osprey - February 10, 2015, 03:51 PM
RE: How bright you shone for me tonight - by Valtyr RIP - February 10, 2015, 04:05 PM
RE: How bright you shone for me tonight - by Saēna - February 10, 2015, 05:27 PM
RE: How bright you shone for me tonight - by Dante RIP - February 10, 2015, 10:18 PM
RE: How bright you shone for me tonight - by Osprey - February 11, 2015, 05:24 AM
RE: How bright you shone for me tonight - by Saēna - February 11, 2015, 01:28 PM
RE: How bright you shone for me tonight - by Osprey - February 11, 2015, 01:42 PM
RE: How bright you shone for me tonight - by Saēna - February 11, 2015, 06:51 PM
RE: How bright you shone for me tonight - by Valtyr RIP - February 11, 2015, 08:42 PM
RE: How bright you shone for me tonight - by Osprey - February 12, 2015, 05:00 PM
RE: How bright you shone for me tonight - by Dante RIP - February 12, 2015, 10:03 PM
RE: How bright you shone for me tonight - by Osprey - February 13, 2015, 07:56 AM
RE: How bright you shone for me tonight - by Dante RIP - February 13, 2015, 09:22 AM