Emberwood beyond the veil
118 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
this post is so not gonna be worthy of the thread, ahh, but I wanna jump in this!

I am so not feelin the writing lately for some reason

For today the guardswoman had broken away from the glacier again for a time, her purpose twofold. She loathed to rely on prey not caught by her own prowess, for it would be an insult she felt to admit her survival depended on those who were her temporary packmates. Thus, she had taken to hunting on the lands surrounding, prey being easier to find where wolves did not often roam. She also intended to search for more signs of activity in the area, hoping to perhaps hunt down whoever had left the sign. She knew they would not leave it at that for long.

Instead she caught signs of a completely different nature and her eyes widened in disbelief. Why her Queen had come all this way was no mystery to her, but the exact reasons were unclear. Had the others made it back with the message? And had her queen decided that Manauia was unfit for the task? It would be a rightful assumption, for in all intents and purposes she had failed.

She knew her duty. Wasting no time, she followed the queen's trail, and when her beautiful and regal form came into sight, Manauia's own went into submission immediately. "My queen," she greeted her, the shame of her current inability heating her fur but not coloring the words she spoke. There was no excuse she could give that would explain, and she expected anger. The monarch should not have been made to come all the way here for a job the guardwoman had been expected to fulfill.
Messages In This Thread
beyond the veil - by Quetzalcoatl - February 14, 2015, 07:04 AM
RE: beyond the veil - by Manauia IA - February 14, 2015, 04:50 PM
RE: beyond the veil - by Quetzalcoatl - February 15, 2015, 07:41 AM
RE: beyond the veil - by Manauia IA - February 21, 2015, 12:40 PM
RE: beyond the veil - by Quetzalcoatl - February 28, 2015, 07:03 AM
RE: beyond the veil - by Manauia IA - March 09, 2015, 12:13 PM
RE: beyond the veil - by Quetzalcoatl - March 22, 2015, 07:21 AM
RE: beyond the veil - by Manauia IA - March 28, 2015, 09:45 PM