Look What I Can Do
It'll be a hoot!
35 Posts
Ooc —
I don't know how either! :o It's like a pleasant curse.

The more the female spoke, the more comfortable he became around her. She was no longer a threat, but instead a fellow Navigator, even if that wasn't what she called it. “You would have made a very good Navigator at my home,” he commented, enjoying the way their conversation seemed to be going. It would be nice knowing there was someone around he could converse with about things like navigating, especially when they could share so much with one another. She could tell him what it was like to learn an area from the ground, and he could tell her of what it was like from the skies. In the end, they would both learn something new, but he didn't jump into that sort of talk just yet. He had a feeling he would want to speak with her more in the future, especially once they'd swapped names, and didn't want to use up all his conversation material just yet. “I am Keyx,” he told her. “What do they call you?”

The woman he would soon know as Scarlett was proving to be very helpful. She'd even pointed him towards a good hunting ground, which was all he would ever need. Knowing the exact location of his prey would come easy once he was close enough, as his sharp sense of hearing would make sure of that. “I'll be sure to remember that name and how to get there,” Keyx told her. “Sometimes I might want an easy meal.” In truth, any source of food could come easy to him just as long as he knew where to look for it. His hearing and talons would do the rest, and then he would be rewarded with the satisfaction of swallowing whatever rodent he'd catch whole. His thoughts of eating had distracting him a bit, but he'd managed to catch her say she was going to move, and his grip tightened a bit. It was still much lighter than it could be, but was tight enough so he wouldn't fall off. What a sight they must be, a wolf walking with an owl on her back, out during daylight hours.

“Our feathers are warm and soft, too,” the young owl informed her. “But your fur is much thicker than these feathers, making it much better. I like it very much.” He made it known as he nestled himself a bit more into her fur just how much he liked it. When it came to what he ate, the fur covering it's body was usually short and rough, but the wolf of a wolf was much different. He liked it, finding it reminded him a bit of his days as a young owlet, covered in his downy feathers and surrounding by those his mother had plucked from her breast for him and his siblings. “You are welcome for being gentle,” Keyx responded, a glint of joy apparent in his dark, round eyes. “I wouldn't want to harm someone nice enough to let me on them.”
Messages In This Thread
Look What I Can Do - by Keyx - February 11, 2015, 03:19 PM
RE: Look What I Can Do - by Scarlett - February 11, 2015, 06:14 PM
RE: Look What I Can Do - by Keyx - February 12, 2015, 12:51 AM
RE: Look What I Can Do - by Scarlett - February 12, 2015, 11:21 AM
RE: Look What I Can Do - by Keyx - February 12, 2015, 11:58 AM
RE: Look What I Can Do - by Scarlett - February 12, 2015, 01:01 PM
RE: Look What I Can Do - by Keyx - February 13, 2015, 01:52 AM
RE: Look What I Can Do - by Scarlett - February 13, 2015, 08:26 AM
RE: Look What I Can Do - by Keyx - February 13, 2015, 05:15 PM
RE: Look What I Can Do - by Scarlett - February 13, 2015, 05:26 PM
RE: Look What I Can Do - by Keyx - February 15, 2015, 05:51 AM