Be my little flashlight
It'll be a hoot!
35 Posts
Ooc —
Keyx should be grateful for his wings, had he not had them he probably would have become someone's dinner by now. The way the other felt was something unknown to him entirely, as not even a “wise old owl” had the ability to read minds. It would have been a pretty cool thing to be born with, but such a thing did not exist. On the off chance such a thing did exist, however, and this very owl possessed such a skill, he would have questioned the wolf's mindset entirely. Those he grew up around often saw their prey as having no emotions or ability to feel, but on occasion someone would come along and question it. They could not understand one another, that was true, but did that always mean those unable to be understood felt nothing? Keyx had never been too sure about that, but never questioned it either. He simply went along with the idea that prey animals could not feel anything. Seeing himself as a fellow predator, and not something to be preyed on, he would most likely not understand why the wolf felt he would not be a sentient being, but maybe the mouse he ate the night before would have been asking the same thing had in not met a tasty fate.

The response to his question was followed by a question itself, not even leaving enough time in between for the boy to nod without looking like a fool. So, he stopped himself before his head could start to bob, in order to answer the lupine's inquiry. “Out of curiosity, I guess. I've never seen a wolf stargazing before.” It was a curious thing, still, that a wolf would be taking the time to admire and look above at the stars. “What do you think?” he asked her, head tilting. “Do you think they are helpful, or do you not?”
Messages In This Thread
Be my little flashlight - by Osprey - February 13, 2015, 12:41 PM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Keyx - February 13, 2015, 05:12 PM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Osprey - February 14, 2015, 10:34 AM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Keyx - February 15, 2015, 05:53 AM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Osprey - February 15, 2015, 03:31 PM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Keyx - February 17, 2015, 02:11 AM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Osprey - February 17, 2015, 04:25 PM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Keyx - February 21, 2015, 03:14 AM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Osprey - February 21, 2015, 05:04 PM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Keyx - February 26, 2015, 04:59 PM
RE: Be my little flashlight - by Osprey - March 05, 2015, 05:35 PM