Like an unwinding cable car
But in the silence I heard you calling out to me
263 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
I don't know how this will change what happens at the meeting, since this technically happens in the past... so... :D Here we go!

Adlartok had come to him at a time Tuwawi had been gone. There had been no sign of her return, and he had done what had seemed best. Whatever Tuwawi told him could not change his resolve that in moral he had done right, for Adlartok's life was as sacred as the queen's. But it had been Malachi's mistake to think the queen would take to him once she had returned - or rather, to not think of what she would do at all - and now the child's blood fell on his head. Malachi had not taken in the boy to replace her children, but the fire queen would have none of it.

Malachi could not read what ran through the ember's mind in the quiet that followed. For a passing second his breath caught in his throat and he met her with a cautious gaze. Yet that his words had broken through her stricken shell was a misguided wish, and all too soon the err in his ways came to full light as Tuwawi turned, fangs bared and body barreling toward him.

With a jerk he pulled his head from the range of her sharpened fangs, but a sting across his muzzle told of their intention. Blood dripped into his mouth and he stumbled, a beat passing in a daze before he recoiled and pushed toward her. He aimed at her the same blow, attempting to buckle her into submission despite the burning opposition of every muscle within. He did not want to hurt Tuwawi, but Adlartok's life was in his paws, and words had not worked. He had to fight for him.
Trades
[Image: warden.gif][Image: naturalist.gif] 1/5 | [Image: chronicler.gif] 2/5
Messages In This Thread
Like an unwinding cable car - by Malachi - January 22, 2015, 01:02 PM
RE: Like an unwinding cable car - by Tuwawi RIP - January 25, 2015, 06:29 AM
RE: Like an unwinding cable car - by Malachi - January 25, 2015, 11:24 AM
RE: Like an unwinding cable car - by Tuwawi RIP - February 11, 2015, 12:15 AM
RE: Like an unwinding cable car - by Malachi - February 11, 2015, 04:09 PM
RE: Like an unwinding cable car - by Tuwawi RIP - February 15, 2015, 12:36 AM
RE: Like an unwinding cable car - by Malachi - February 17, 2015, 03:57 PM
RE: Like an unwinding cable car - by Tuwawi RIP - February 28, 2015, 03:09 PM