But I have promises to keep
ís & steinn ♔ hjarta & sál
583 Posts
Ooc — Java

Silence wasn't so bad. Njal had grown accustomed to it in the far north, and the sensation had not ended when he met up with Tonravik; she was a quiet creature, like many within Tartok, and so the ensuing silence was not as unsettling as it could have been. Even after his explanation found its place upon the wind, Tonravik was silent. Thoughtful, perhaps. And then, when Njal expected the quiet to only deepen as they lurched together through the snow, she made an astute observation - Your heart. - it was rather surprising.

Had he somehow known that calamity would follow them? Were the beliefs in the gods really a tangible thing? If the gods existed, watching over all of creation as he was taught in his youth, then were they watching now? It was strange to think of some otherworldly entity keeping tabs on him and his kin - stranger still to think, somehow, that his dream had been somewhat prophetic. But his sons were gone. His daughter missing. The fire he had witnessed in the sky was not so grand in his dream, but volatile. He had been afraid of it, whereas now the sky was lit with a myriad of colors to signify the early rise of the sun; it was not the blood red sky in his distant dream.

If you must go, Tonravik calmly began, in time to cut off Njal's thoughts; he focused upon her instead, watching the point in the snow where her paws sank in. Do not do so without a word. And as she looked away, the silver man lifted his eyes to study her. She seemed distracted by something - and that was when he remembered their violent meeting. No doubt the dreams she had - if they existed at all - pertained to the deaths of her comrades. Her kin. But as she gave her thanks, he saw no remorse, heard no sadness there.

We should go to the glacier soon. He remarked quietly, his eyes tracing a route from Tonravik's features and away - in the direction of the mountain's peak. There was plenty of time for him to reconsider such a move, but the trio were already so close. He knew he had to do it, and whatever fears he had of such a return - of his reuniting with Tuwawi - were distant thoughts. In the morning, perhaps. In the light, so that we are not mistaken for enemies. As he said this, Njal turned his eyes upon Tonravik, specifically seeking her dark eyes as if to cement their agreement, wordlessly.

Messages In This Thread
But I have promises to keep - by Tonravik - February 16, 2015, 03:31 PM
RE: But I have promises to keep - by RIP Njal - February 16, 2015, 11:13 PM
RE: But I have promises to keep - by Tonravik - February 17, 2015, 12:20 AM
RE: But I have promises to keep - by RIP Njal - February 17, 2015, 06:56 PM
RE: But I have promises to keep - by Tonravik - February 17, 2015, 09:21 PM
RE: But I have promises to keep - by RIP Njal - February 17, 2015, 10:15 PM
RE: But I have promises to keep - by Tonravik - February 18, 2015, 03:35 PM
RE: But I have promises to keep - by RIP Njal - February 18, 2015, 03:46 PM
RE: But I have promises to keep - by Tonravik - February 25, 2015, 12:08 PM
RE: But I have promises to keep - by RIP Njal - February 25, 2015, 04:17 PM
RE: But I have promises to keep - by Tonravik - March 06, 2015, 04:31 PM