Duskfire Glacier let me give you my life
ís & steinn ♔ hjarta & sál
583 Posts
Ooc — Java
Please allow @Tonravik & @Echelon to reply first, and then you guys can go at it! Might end up using a rounds-system if there are lots of characters.

Despite the foray in to the unknown beyond the glacier, Njal insisted that they double back, and the trio rested among the rocks for a solid eight hours. When the dawn came, the Sveijarn was already awake, already pacing in anticipation for their departure; but he had not roused them. The two wolves of Tartok were devoted creatures and he wanted them in perfect form in case the situation came to blows — something Njal was almost certain would occur, so great was his worry. Aside from being a bit hungry, the three of them were indeed fit and ready to move. So when the first dark figure approached him, he knew it was time. They knew, likely by the great rut he had worn in the permafrost around their camp, and before the clouds could part long enough for the morning light to break through, they were marching.

They could have gone around the peak to where he had stared at the stars, found a back way in, and simply sought out Tuwawi on her own; they could have charged in with the intent to drive out any who opposed; however, it was Njal's decision that they approach from the well-used western trails. The glacier was a fortress that was well guarded (or so he assumed) and the patriarch was not interested in scaring anyone, nor in driving them out if the wolves were loyal. He had no knowledge of the latest events in the glacier despite lurking in its shadows, and perhaps if the beast had known he would have delayed further. But there would be no waiting - nor any warning, as the silver man streaked through the trees alongside the twin shadows.

The land's borders were marked heavily. Njal did not stop to inspect the claim and he cast a quick look to Tonravik to urge her forwards, in case she wished to linger. As the forest gave way to the familiar field of lupines, Njal's pace slowed, and he halted while waves of tiny buds drifted beside him in the breeze, uaffected by the arrival of the ex-Alpha and the two comrades. The scent of the flowers would mask their own for a time, but Njal did not think he could hide there for long — if at all. He gave one last look to the beasts at his flank, and then swept his gaze forward, awaiting the inevitable discovery.

Messages In This Thread
let me give you my life - by RIP Njal - February 18, 2015, 03:06 PM
RE: let me give you my life - by Echelon - February 19, 2015, 12:14 AM
RE: let me give you my life - by Tonravik - February 25, 2015, 12:45 PM
RE: let me give you my life - by Bassilth - February 25, 2015, 03:41 PM
RE: let me give you my life - by Tezcacoatl - February 25, 2015, 04:11 PM
RE: let me give you my life - by Tuwawi RIP - February 26, 2015, 03:37 AM
RE: let me give you my life - by RIP Njal - February 26, 2015, 04:01 AM
RE: let me give you my life - by Echelon - February 26, 2015, 09:19 PM
RE: let me give you my life - by Tonravik - February 27, 2015, 01:54 PM
RE: let me give you my life - by Bassilth - March 01, 2015, 08:45 PM
RE: let me give you my life - by Tezcacoatl - March 02, 2015, 05:36 PM