But I have promises to keep
ís & steinn ♔ hjarta & sál
583 Posts
Ooc — Java

He doubted, still, despite all his time away to think and all the conversations to the contrary, Njal doubted that things would work out. But he knew he had to try, and he would try his hardest to convince Tuwawi of his love for her. Maybe she would not receive him with kindness. Maybe she would be too hurt by his betrayal and his failure to harbor any feelings for him at all. If they approached Duskfire and were met with indifference, he would know. And if they were walking in to a battle, then... Things would play out as they played out. Njal did not want to fight Tuwawi, or anyone else in the pack for that matter.

Her question hung in the air for a few minutes too long, becoming stale, but Njal gradually did answer.

I will find my heart, my fire, and confront her. The only way to get the glacier back is to get her back. And this was the truth. Njal was not interested in the glacier itself, but the wolves who lived within its wild haven. Tuwawi, Maera, any others loyal to the Sveijarn name — they were his kin and he would do anything to reunite with them, to prove his loyalty and love to them. As an after-thought his voice rumbled, It may take time, but our arrangement is still valid. All I want is my family back. Of course, things were never so easy.

Messages In This Thread
But I have promises to keep - by Tonravik - February 16, 2015, 03:31 PM
RE: But I have promises to keep - by RIP Njal - February 16, 2015, 11:13 PM
RE: But I have promises to keep - by Tonravik - February 17, 2015, 12:20 AM
RE: But I have promises to keep - by RIP Njal - February 17, 2015, 06:56 PM
RE: But I have promises to keep - by Tonravik - February 17, 2015, 09:21 PM
RE: But I have promises to keep - by RIP Njal - February 17, 2015, 10:15 PM
RE: But I have promises to keep - by Tonravik - February 18, 2015, 03:35 PM
RE: But I have promises to keep - by RIP Njal - February 18, 2015, 03:46 PM
RE: But I have promises to keep - by Tonravik - February 25, 2015, 12:08 PM
RE: But I have promises to keep - by RIP Njal - February 25, 2015, 04:17 PM
RE: But I have promises to keep - by Tonravik - March 06, 2015, 04:31 PM