Blacktail Deer Plateau the paramount and pompous disregard the cipher
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
Ugh I'm so friggin' cold right now. :C

Mordecai's investigation — rather, mock burial — did not stop even in light of approaching footsteps. He had little interest in finding out who was coming up behind him, only because he felt the other would join in on the investigation as well. And unsurprisingly, they did; the fact that it was Dante made the moment better. He pulled his interest and his gaze away to meet that of his friend, however briefly. There was deference there, but it may as well have been for show, as it almost went without saying that Mordecai had a deep respect for his friend.

"I wish I could take the credit, but, I found it," he answered, sniffing audibly to clear out the lingering smell. "Someone else had a field day with it. I figured I'd try and cover it a bit to keep the carrion away. Don't need those birds getting any ideas about a cache or two either." He said nothing of the raids to the caches, though he had made the mental note to begin to learn where they were. Couldn't have hurt to be pro-active, anyway.

"Before that, I was actually about to track you down again. Were you in the middle of anything?" He figured if Dante was heading towards the borders, he'd make the attempt to accompany him. More bodies, more eyes, safer front door, right?
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Messages In This Thread
the paramount and pompous disregard the cipher - by Mordecai - February 15, 2015, 05:08 PM
RE: the paramount and pompous disregard the cipher - by Mordecai - February 18, 2015, 08:16 PM