Sheepeater Cliff i wish that i could be like the cool kids
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
After her confrontation with Peregrine, the black-and-white yearling had left the caldera. It wasn't meant to be permanent, and only a few days had passed— her presence likely not even missed— but the adventure had taken longer than she had anticipated when she set out. The bodies of rabbits and other small creatures had been left in her wake, but she hadn't bothered to bring any of them back to the caldera; she ate some, as required, but mostly they were left to bleed out into the cold winter soil. None of them seemed good enough, big enough— a single rabbit wouldn't be her redemption.

At one point, she had tracked a moose, but she never quite found the confidence to attack it all on her own. It would be idiotic to think she could take it down, anyway— that's what packs were meant for, not that she really had the support of one, not truly. Eventually, her failed attempts to kill anything worthy enough led her to the edge of the mountains, north of the Sunspire. For once, her thoughts didn't linger on Summer, despite her nearness to his home— her mind was solely on proving to Peregrine that he was a gigantic dick and should be ashamed of it. Her mind was on glory.

The bleating of mountain goats called her attention, and she looked up the sheer wall of walk, only to be perplexed by the prey that seemed to hover there. If she could bring Peregrine a mysterious, floating goat, he'd have to admit that she was family. That she was far more worthy a pack mate and student than he'd ever truly deserve. As her green eyes stared, calculating, she realized that the goats were simply standing on ledges that were nearly impossible to detect...

An hour and several near misses later, she had made it a quarter of the way up the face— the damn goats had mocked her, jumping easily from ledge to ledge out of her grasp, but one in particular received her ire. It just sat there, as if it knew she would never make it. He was her target. After a few more minutes of labored climbing, it was just within her grasp— she extended her neck, jaws wide as they edged towards the goat's leg. As Magpie closed her teeth around the creature's ankle, she was suddenly slipping... suddenly falling... but her grip never wavered, and she brought the goat down with her...
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread
i wish that i could be like the cool kids - by OG Magpie - February 19, 2015, 05:02 PM
RE: i wish that i could be like the cool kids - by Osprey - February 19, 2015, 05:57 PM
RE: i wish that i could be like the cool kids - by OG Magpie - February 19, 2015, 06:28 PM
RE: i wish that i could be like the cool kids - by Osprey - February 19, 2015, 07:00 PM
RE: i wish that i could be like the cool kids - by OG Magpie - February 19, 2015, 10:08 PM
RE: i wish that i could be like the cool kids - by Osprey - February 20, 2015, 01:19 PM
RE: i wish that i could be like the cool kids - by OG Magpie - February 20, 2015, 01:55 PM
RE: i wish that i could be like the cool kids - by Osprey - February 20, 2015, 02:21 PM
RE: i wish that i could be like the cool kids - by OG Magpie - February 20, 2015, 02:59 PM
RE: i wish that i could be like the cool kids - by Osprey - February 20, 2015, 03:13 PM
RE: i wish that i could be like the cool kids - by OG Magpie - February 20, 2015, 04:13 PM
RE: i wish that i could be like the cool kids - by Osprey - February 20, 2015, 04:36 PM
RE: i wish that i could be like the cool kids - by OG Magpie - February 20, 2015, 04:48 PM
RE: i wish that i could be like the cool kids - by Osprey - February 20, 2015, 05:03 PM
RE: i wish that i could be like the cool kids - by OG Magpie - February 21, 2015, 05:37 PM