Redhawk Caldera chew you up and spit you out
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
After the words had left her, Magpie was half-afraid that her companion would suddenly turn again— perhaps go running to tell Peregrine himself. She exhaled a breath she didn't realize she was holding when Dove joined in, and her tail swept to and fro in gladness. At least there was someone here she could vent to. Trust was hard for Magpie to give freely, but when she did, it was there and blazoning. In a few short sentences, Dove had gained it; and Magpie was giggling despite herself, feeling better than she had in days. The importance of a friend. Of having wolves to talk to.

She was about to— finally— introduce herself as Dove's half-sister, stories of Crestwood and their traditions be damned. After all, Fox had accepted Magpie. Why would Dove be any different? But before she could, a hair-raisingly familiar form broke through the trees with purpose in its step.

Fuck me sideways, Magpie thought as Peregrine's cold, bitter gaze rested upon her. A whine escaped her (and a little pee, too), as she slowly sank to her haunches... and then her form seemed to ooze into ground as she sank to her elbows, submitting almost completely— though she didn't yet roll on her back. She hadn't totally meant what she said, had only been trying to let off some steam— after all, she and Peregrine had just spoken, and he had done nothing but insult her while she struggled to communicate that she wanted to do the right thing, if only she knew what it was. But the ancestors couldn't even grant her the room to have a healthy bitch fit, and then speak to Peregrine when it was out of her system.

No. Of course he would walk by just in time to hear it. When the earth also refused her— she silently begged it to swallow her whole— she shut her eyes. A juvenile attempt to become invisible. She saw Dove's steps to protect her, and as much as she appreciated it, she was doubtful that it would help. Magpie struggled to find anything to say. Peregrine hadn't been receptive to her apologies or explanations before, and she had no reason to believe that he would now. Instead, she silently willed him to understand, You weren't supposed to fucking hear that.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread
chew you up and spit you out - by RIP Dove - February 19, 2015, 10:17 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by OG Magpie - February 19, 2015, 11:16 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by RIP Dove - February 19, 2015, 11:30 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by OG Magpie - February 19, 2015, 11:41 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by RIP Dove - February 19, 2015, 11:51 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by OG Magpie - February 20, 2015, 12:06 AM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by RIP Dove - February 20, 2015, 12:17 AM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by OG Magpie - February 20, 2015, 12:01 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 20, 2015, 12:26 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by RIP Dove - February 20, 2015, 02:05 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by OG Magpie - February 20, 2015, 02:27 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 20, 2015, 02:39 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by RIP Dove - February 20, 2015, 02:52 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by OG Magpie - February 20, 2015, 03:23 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 20, 2015, 03:36 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by RIP Dove - February 20, 2015, 03:46 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by OG Magpie - February 20, 2015, 07:27 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by RIP Dove - February 20, 2015, 07:40 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by OG Magpie - February 21, 2015, 04:46 PM