Redhawk Caldera chew you up and spit you out
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
Though her ears were held low, they twitched to capture Peregrine's words. Magpie remained silent, unsure of how to take his even response— he had obviously heard every word, despite Dove's attempt to deflect, but she couldn't help but find his description... hilarious. For a moment, she thought he was going to have a sense of humor about it all, perhaps realizing that they had only been seeking a (healthy) release of frustration— but she was still too guilty to allow even a hint of laughter escape her lips. Instead, she cracked open an electric eye to sneak a glance at Peregrine.

His gaze was no less cold, and it was then that he dropped the bomb: I can't wait to tell Fox what her sisters really think of me. Dove glanced quickly in her direction, clearly dumbfounded, but Magpie had no time to divine what her expression had meant. She felt similarly sick at the male's words, feeling a burst of protectiveness in her chest. What did Fox see in him? The yearling and Peregrine had gotten along well, once, but perhaps that had only been a fluke— she never would have returned to the caldera if this had been the Peregrine she remembered.

She continued to struggle with what to say— before he threatened to tattle-tale, she might have attempted to apologize. At the time, she hadn't truly meant what she said. It had been a wild exaggeration. Now, she wasn't so sure that she didn't mean it. Magpie lifted her head, both eyes open, now, as Dove spoke— temporarily rescuing her from the responsibility. She didn't know Peregrine even had other daughters, but if she ever found out, she would understand completely why they despised him.

Now, more than ever, Magpie felt like she was being crushed between a rock and a hard place. If she apologized, she didn't think it would be taken to heart— not that she was sure he deserved one anymore, anyway— but if she said nothing, Peregrine would likely hold that against her just like everything else. Instead, she opted to remain quiet and simply watch him sullenly. Her nieces and nephews better be worth all of this.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread
chew you up and spit you out - by RIP Dove - February 19, 2015, 10:17 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by OG Magpie - February 19, 2015, 11:16 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by RIP Dove - February 19, 2015, 11:30 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by OG Magpie - February 19, 2015, 11:41 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by RIP Dove - February 19, 2015, 11:51 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by OG Magpie - February 20, 2015, 12:06 AM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by RIP Dove - February 20, 2015, 12:17 AM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by OG Magpie - February 20, 2015, 12:01 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 20, 2015, 12:26 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by RIP Dove - February 20, 2015, 02:05 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by OG Magpie - February 20, 2015, 02:27 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 20, 2015, 02:39 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by RIP Dove - February 20, 2015, 02:52 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by OG Magpie - February 20, 2015, 03:23 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 20, 2015, 03:36 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by RIP Dove - February 20, 2015, 03:46 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by OG Magpie - February 20, 2015, 07:27 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by RIP Dove - February 20, 2015, 07:40 PM
RE: chew you up and spit you out - by OG Magpie - February 21, 2015, 04:46 PM