Look What I Can Do
It'll be a hoot!
35 Posts
Ooc —
The smaller creatures head bobbed in a steady nod as a friendly smile appeared across his beak—as much of a smile as he could physically make, anyways. “You're welcome,” he returned. To him, the friendship between an owl and a wolf could be beneficial for both sides. The wolves could keep foxes and such away from an area so the owl could feast whenever he wished, while the owl could fly ahead and find herds of larger prey for them. He could also scout the area for any signs of other wolves or predators, as well as help pick out an injured or sick-looking animal from the herd by flying over a few times. Though he would prefer to do so at night, he would have no problems doing it during the day as well to make sure the friendship was equally beneficial. This albino, who was literally the exact opposite of him color wise, could be just the wolf he needs in order to test out how he believes a friendship with a wolf would go. “It is nice to meet you, Scarlett!”

Keyx was glad to hear that the girl would walk him right to the area, as he was rather tired still, even if he did well not to show it. “Sounds like the perfect place for me,” the barn owl commented happily. Voles and mice would eventually get tiring, but he could cross that bridge and hunt for some other rodents when that time came. For now, though, he was just glad to have learned of a great hunting spot in such a small amount of time after his arrival. When a question was presented, he needed to veer his mind off the path that lead to his stomach so he could answer. “I do, and they are,” the boy said, giving a nod of his head as he spoke. “I need to monitor the changes in the wind and skies to detect storms and rain before they happen, because getting caught out in weather like that can be very dangerous.” Keyx didn't like to think about things like that. During his training to become a Navigator, he'd been told numerous horror stories of what became of owls who tried to test the limits and go out into storms. The stories were over exaggerated and many untrue, of course, but they had still been enough to strike fear into the hearts of many of the Novices. The melanistic boy hadn't been as frightened as many, and had even gone out in storms in the past to prove a point, but still found it best to take shelter during them. There were too many different variables that couldn't be accounted for, any of which could lead to the death of any winged creature.

At the offer given, he couldn't help but churr a bit, though the sound slowly faded. “I would like it very much if you allowed me to do that,” Keyx stated, happy as ever. “Then you won't have to deal with the itchy loose fur for long, and in return I can give you some feathers I don't need!” The boy was often preening himself to get rid of any misplaced, loose, or broken feathers, as such things could make his flight noisy and cause him to crash. He often left them just lying around if he didn't have a creation before him, so he had no problem giving them to the wolf is she wanted them. A fair trade, if he ever saw one.
Messages In This Thread
Look What I Can Do - by Keyx - February 11, 2015, 03:19 PM
RE: Look What I Can Do - by Scarlett - February 11, 2015, 06:14 PM
RE: Look What I Can Do - by Keyx - February 12, 2015, 12:51 AM
RE: Look What I Can Do - by Scarlett - February 12, 2015, 11:21 AM
RE: Look What I Can Do - by Keyx - February 12, 2015, 11:58 AM
RE: Look What I Can Do - by Scarlett - February 12, 2015, 01:01 PM
RE: Look What I Can Do - by Keyx - February 13, 2015, 01:52 AM
RE: Look What I Can Do - by Scarlett - February 13, 2015, 08:26 AM
RE: Look What I Can Do - by Keyx - February 13, 2015, 05:15 PM
RE: Look What I Can Do - by Scarlett - February 13, 2015, 05:26 PM
RE: Look What I Can Do - by Keyx - February 15, 2015, 05:51 AM